Author Topic: Change Realm Name Glitch or Deliberate?  (Read 1688 times)

Ironsides

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Change Realm Name Glitch or Deliberate?
« Topic Start: June 05, 2013, 11:33:08 PM »
I am getting a weird glitch error when I go to change the name of Fane in the Government System panel. I will record the glitch next turn and post it here, but my question is whether it is ACTUALLY a glitch or whether that feature is just not available on the East Continent. I can't remember if it is only for the testing isle or not...
Ironsides Family, mainly East Continent and Dwilight. I dip my toe into Atamara here and there

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Change Realm Name Glitch or Deliberate?
« Reply #1: June 06, 2013, 03:37:49 AM »
Changing the realm name really doesn't do anything. I think there is only one place that people in the realm can see it, and no one outside the realm can see it at all.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: June 06, 2013, 03:58:37 AM »
To be more precise, what you are changing is the realm's formal name, which as Indirik said, shows up in one place. What you see everywhere is not the realm's formal name, but its informal name is what you every and is only changeable by special request to Tom of which he will likely look for public opinion also.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Ironsides

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: June 06, 2013, 06:50:46 AM »

Aa, then formal name is what I meant. Here is the error, anyway:

Notice: Array to string conversion in /var/battlemaster/forum/Sources/Load.php(2193) : eval()'d code on line 22 Notice: Array to string conversion in /var/battlemaster/forum/Sources/Load.php(2193) : eval()'d code on line 23 Notice: Array to string conversion in /var/battlemaster/forum/Sources/Load.php(2193) : eval()'d code on line 25 Notice: Array to string conversion in /var/battlemaster/forum/Sources/Load.php(2193) : eval()'d code on line 26 Notice: Array to string conversion in /var/battlemaster/forum/Sources/Load.php(2193) : eval()'d code on line 27 Fatal error: Cannot use assign-op operators with overloaded objects nor string offsets in /var/battlemaster/forum/Sources/Subs.php on line 3248

It's not a big deal, but I wasn't sure if it was a glitch or if that was supposed to happen because the feature isn't complete.
Ironsides Family, mainly East Continent and Dwilight. I dip my toe into Atamara here and there

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: June 06, 2013, 07:17:57 AM »
Topics like this belong reported on the bugtracker, as the forum News in top right occasionally suggests. No login? Lazy? Just use guest for both username and password. We'd rather have your report as a guest than not at all.

http://bugs.battlemaster.org

Also, its nice if you can search to see if your reported bug has already been reported. Go to View Issues, find the Search text box, put in a search term, and click Apply Filter. Doing this for 'realm name' yields many results including the following: http://bugs.battlemaster.org/view.php?id=7729 (which is connected to another duplicate report). Feel free to add your comments on this bug report.