Author Topic: Order of Aristocrats  (Read 30415 times)

Ironsides

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Order of Aristocrats
« Topic Start: June 06, 2013, 07:44:35 AM »

It is my great pleasure to finally introduce Dwilight to the Order of Aristocrats; a new social order bound to make great waves across our continent!

Have a look see: http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Order_of_Aristocrats#Aristocracy

Huzzah! Hurray! Hail the new wave!
Ironsides Family, mainly East Continent and Dwilight. I dip my toe into Atamara here and there

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
Re: Order of Aristocrats
« Reply #1: June 06, 2013, 08:26:50 AM »
Care to explain this some more? I'm a little confused.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Wolfsong

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • FutureMUD
« Reply #2: June 06, 2013, 08:49:11 AM »
From the skimming I did, you can form Great Houses (think: realms without borders) if you have 6 or more nobles. Leaders are declared, laymen, etc. You can expand these Great Houses through other Houses joining, marriages, alliances, other political things, and can have them diminished to the point where they cease to be Great Houses. It'd make the political game more interesting for certain, if it caught on, since that's really where you'd get any benefit from this order. Think of a political party - if everyone tows the party line, you have a hefty chunk of people you can manage and manipulate to further your goals (and, by extension, their goals.)

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: June 06, 2013, 08:59:45 AM »
Interesting....

"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: June 06, 2013, 03:35:57 PM »
So could I just build a guild house and call it 'House Apasurain' and have some people join it and thats my house?
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: June 06, 2013, 03:45:11 PM »
Yea, you're looking for Morrowind, hop back on the silt strider, and take a Left at Beluterra, not a right. :p

Dibs on House Redoran.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: June 06, 2013, 04:28:32 PM »
Yea, you're looking for Morrowind, hop back on the silt strider, and take a Left at Beluterra, not a right. :p

I was thinking more like Dune, but ok  :)

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #7: June 06, 2013, 05:39:50 PM »
I definitely had Dune in mind as well, and also Game of Thrones. A realm without borders is a great way to sum it up. It is a multi-guild system, the first of which will be founded in Port Raviel simply for ease of access for all the Dwlight characters.

Still working out some logistics before creating the first guild, however. The location and founder are not set in stone
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Ironsides

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: June 06, 2013, 07:06:27 PM »

You have to be an aristocrat first before you can make your own Great House, so come on down to BR and sign up today :)

Ironsides Family, mainly East Continent and Dwilight. I dip my toe into Atamara here and there

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: June 06, 2013, 07:38:51 PM »
so come on down to BR and sign up today :)

I spotted a minor flaw in your concept.  ;)
Ardet nec consumitur.

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #10: June 06, 2013, 08:00:37 PM »
You have to be an aristocrat first before you can make your own Great House, so come on down to BR and sign up today :)

The location and founder are now set in stone

Ironsides

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: June 06, 2013, 08:17:13 PM »
I spotted a minor flaw in your concept.  ;)

Such as? Did I forget one of the the 'r's in Aristocrat?

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: June 06, 2013, 08:36:48 PM »
Such as? Did I forget one of the the 'r's in Aristocrat?

I was pointing at the location, which isn't so easily accessible or there's little reason for people to actually go there (besides, then, joining your guild).
Ardet nec consumitur.

Ironsides

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: June 06, 2013, 08:41:54 PM »
I was pointing at the location, which isn't so easily accessible or there's little reason for people to actually go there (besides, then, joining your guild).

Ohhhh  :P, ya, in the beginning nobles will have to hike to get in, but once it spreads out of Swordfell it will be available en masse. I suppose membership will come in waves, those who really get the idea and want in, then those who join up because it is accessible, and finally those who join because they will miss out if they don't  8)

...Plus, Bowie will personally cook pancakes for anyone who hikes to BR to join the Aristocracy!

Also, I should have added that missing an 'r' could potentially made the spelling "AristoCATS" teehee.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 08:51:29 PM by Ironsides »

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #14: June 06, 2013, 09:04:29 PM »
Swordfell takes a million years to hike to and from. Rynn will build one in Port Raviel for convenience. Chances are every port city in D'Hara will have one inside a month or two.