Author Topic: Order of Aristocrats  (Read 30370 times)

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
Re: Order of Aristocrats
« Reply #75: June 19, 2013, 08:30:32 PM »
Well then that's the duke's fault.

It's a bit of a different story when the realm you play in only has one duchy, tho  :P
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #76: June 20, 2013, 07:06:52 AM »
It's a bit of a different story when the realm you play in only has one duchy, tho  :P
Honestly it depends, but IMO, it tends to be the opposite more often then not.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Qyasogk

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #77: June 22, 2013, 02:35:02 AM »
Thank you Lord Wet-Blanket, we will indeed continue.

I know, I know... silly to get in the way of you guys coming up with something that's already supported in game!  ;D

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #78: June 22, 2013, 02:40:06 AM »
There already are "great" houses, they're called Duchies.

And virtually all the people playing are nobles and nobles ARE the aristocracy. This whole thing seems pretty silly, but don't let me stop you from continuing on...  8)
Not really at all. Great houses are in no way at all like duchies nor do all the nobles in BM act like aristocrats, in fact most don't as its far from easy to attempt.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Ironsides

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #79: June 22, 2013, 03:13:30 AM »
Interesting how there is a cloud around the future of Astromancy and low and behold the Aristocracy is available as a potential alternative. Coincidence? Divine Providence?  You decide 8)

There already are "great" houses, they're called Duchies.

And virtually all the people playing are nobles and nobles ARE the aristocracy. This whole thing seems pretty silly, but don't let me stop you from continuing on...  8)

Not the way we intend to do it. And ya, you are right, but now this is the new and improved nobility; a nobility above nobility = aristocracy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpCsOnJS0p4
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 03:17:11 AM by Ironsides »
Ironsides Family, mainly East Continent and Dwilight. I dip my toe into Atamara here and there

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #80: June 23, 2013, 03:17:55 PM »
Interesting how there is a cloud around the future of Astromancy and low and behold the Aristocracy is available as a potential alternative. Coincidence? Divine Providence?  You decide 8)

Not the way we intend to do it. And ya, you are right, but now this is the new and improved nobility; a nobility above nobility = aristocracy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpCsOnJS0p4

Besides, a player can leave a duchy freely and for no reason with no RP backlash IG. It will not be so with the Great Houses of the aristocracy.

Tiridia

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #81: June 23, 2013, 04:37:34 PM »
The more spice we throw into the stew the better it gets. I have begun to see the Order of Aristocrats as something that could build up to something as important or more so what the religion game is. The more tangled we can make the web of allegiance, the more likely it is for it to be torn in unexpected places when stressed. Let's spread this experiment all around the place and give it a go. It's simple and elegant, at least on paper.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #82: June 24, 2013, 06:22:05 AM »
Besides, a player can leave a duchy freely and for no reason with no RP backlash IG. It will not be so with the Great Houses of the aristocracy.
Thats not exactly true, and I expect it would be very similar with the Great Houses. With lords/elders, it matters more and some will care and some won't.
― G.K. Chesterton

Ironsides

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #83: June 24, 2013, 06:32:44 AM »

Thats not exactly true, and I expect it would be very similar with the Great Houses. With lords/elders, it matters more and some will care and some won't.

A worthy Great House will always care. A lackluster one will be eaten by its competitors or abandoned by its nobles.
Ironsides Family, mainly East Continent and Dwilight. I dip my toe into Atamara here and there

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #84: June 24, 2013, 01:45:37 PM »
A worthy Great House will always care. A lackluster one will be eaten by its competitors or abandoned by its nobles.

...Which is exactly the same as a Duchy.

Your point?
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #85: June 24, 2013, 06:51:26 PM »
...Which is exactly the same as a Duchy.

Your point?

A Duchy can't have members spread out across the entire continent, or in multiple high positions of power.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Ironsides

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #86: June 26, 2013, 08:36:07 AM »

Garuck Udor Chamber now open for business! Woo!

Hey Stabbity, I added a little flavour text to the wiki next to the chamber you built. If you don't like it and want to change it feel free to. Or tell me and I can do it, If you prefer something different.

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #87: June 26, 2013, 11:16:33 PM »
Garuck Udor Chamber now open for business! Woo!

Hey Stabbity, I added a little flavour text to the wiki next to the chamber you built. If you don't like it and want to change it feel free to. Or tell me and I can do it, If you prefer something different.

I'll get to it when things slow down a bit, my plans are kind of coming to fruition atm. *maniacal laighter*
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #88: June 27, 2013, 02:11:41 AM »
Bowie just had to found this in the single most inconvenient, inaccessible part of Dwilight, didn't he? It would be faster to immigrate to Belutarra and back...

Ironsides

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #89: June 27, 2013, 07:40:02 PM »
The more difficult the journey the more worthy the reward :)