Author Topic: Aurvandil  (Read 80405 times)

Tandaros

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Aurvandil
« Reply #30: June 08, 2013, 10:23:47 PM »
What is the Moot?

http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/V%C3%A9ins%C3%B8rmoot

Whose idea was it to make the Moot so chock-full of crazy characters, anyway?

I mean the letter-characters.... oops, I punned myself.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: June 09, 2013, 01:09:36 AM »
Alright then. So what are the benefits of being part of the moot?

Theoretically, mutual defense, information-sharing, collaborative diplomacy, aid in suppressing rebellions/secessions, etc.

However, the only Moot realm that consistently performed its mutual defense obligation was Terran, and then when Terran had secessions, the other Moot realms abandoned them.

Before Terran splintered, joining the Moot I think was a strong value proposition for many realms. Now? I don't see why anybody would want to: it's just voluntarily subordinating yourself to D'Hara.

http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/V%C3%A9ins%C3%B8rmoot

Whose idea was it to make the Moot so chock-full of crazy characters, anyway?

I mean the letter-characters.... oops, I punned myself.

lol, it was mine. I came up with it. I think I came up with it as vaguely nordic-sounding gibberish... or maybe it's some esperanto-nordic fusion word... I forget. :P
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #32: June 10, 2013, 04:31:35 AM »
No, Aurvandil isn't going to become a republic. In other news, I've been elected general and I really really really dislike Dhara. Sup port raviel.

Bring it, bro.

In regards to the moot, I see it at an interesting point right now. Before, joining the Moot would have been to voluntarily subordinate yourself to Terran  :P but with Terran gone, the geographical restrictions open, and the Farronites close to entry, now is a chance for the Moot to revive and reidentify itself. To be honest, it's always been pretty quiet. The ability to hold referendums would make it less so, but oh well.
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: June 10, 2013, 04:40:18 AM »
No, Aurvandil isn't going to become a republic. In other news, I've been elected general and I really really really dislike Dhara. Sup port raviel.

Sorry, you can't have it. Try for Paisly or something.

Alright then. So what are the benefits of being part of the moot?

I'll tell you the benefits of joining the Lurian Empire, if you'd like. Already got Fissoa on board. :P
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: June 10, 2013, 08:26:41 PM »
I'll tell you the benefits of joining the Lurian Empire, if you'd like. Already got Fissoa on board. :P

Fissoa and Aurvandil in one Empire? Only in Luria!
Ardet nec consumitur.

Samboji

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: June 12, 2013, 01:11:06 AM »
Now? I don't see why anybody would want to: it's just voluntarily subordinating yourself to D'Hara.

What? Do people actually do that? To D'hara?

Do the D'harans know about this?

Kain

• Noble Lord
  • Prepared for both the book and the sword.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: June 12, 2013, 01:15:10 AM »

Sure, bring on the spiel. Do you get a company car?  ;)
House of Kain: Silas (Swordfell), Epona (Nivemus)

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: June 12, 2013, 01:34:22 AM »
Sure, bring on the spiel. Do you get a company car?  ;)

I get whatever I want, since I'm the Queen. You, however, can get your very own shiny new port city on an island not-so-far away, but only if you join within the next twenty minutes!

Some conditions apply. More details on the greener side of the fence.
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: June 12, 2013, 05:14:10 AM »
What? Do people actually do that? To D'hara?

Do the D'harans know about this?
He is simply making that up because he is butthurt over it not working out so well with him not liking that not everyone used the same interpretation of the charter.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #39: June 12, 2013, 01:05:06 PM »
He is simply making that up because he is butthurt over it not working out so well with him not liking that not everyone used the same interpretation of the charter.

No need for hostility. And butthurt is a wee bit offensive.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #40: June 12, 2013, 01:29:01 PM »
He's just jealous of the coastline, as every* D'Haran region has access to the seas.
*Except for Chesney. Stupid Chesney.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #41: June 12, 2013, 03:00:48 PM »
He's just jealous of the coastline, as every* D'Haran region has access to the seas.

Beautiful beaches, really.
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Kain

• Noble Lord
  • Prepared for both the book and the sword.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42: June 12, 2013, 03:14:03 PM »

Sea? It's a large lake 8)

Cities like Echiur, Darfix, Springdale and Flowrestown have access to the sea :P
House of Kain: Silas (Swordfell), Epona (Nivemus)

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #43: June 13, 2013, 03:26:09 AM »

And someday we'll make in an Astroist lake and enforce the Pax Astroicus...

Then collapse into corruption and infighting about 6 days later.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #44: June 13, 2013, 03:32:03 AM »

Cities like Echiur, Darfix, Springdale and Flowrestown have access to the sea :P

Lies. These suckers have no access to the seas, just to the oceans. The Inner Sea is ours!
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron