Author Topic: Aurvandil  (Read 80327 times)

Astinus

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Aurvandil
« Reply #60: June 30, 2013, 07:48:01 PM »
Aurvandil was a really funny realm to play, but without Mendicant  (who was a cheater for sure, but also put great dedication to the game providing lots of good roleplays and interactions) , many of the most active and dedicated players just stopped playing, and this is a shame because Aurvandil was one of the funniest realm I've ever been in battlemaster.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #61: June 30, 2013, 08:38:48 PM »
Aurvandil was a really funny realm to play, but without Mendicant  (who was a cheater for sure, but also put great dedication to the game providing lots of good roleplays and interactions) , many of the most active and dedicated players just stopped playing, and this is a shame because Aurvandil was one of the funniest realm I've ever been in battlemaster.

....yeah.... hilarious...
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62: June 30, 2013, 08:47:23 PM »
It is quite possible that many of the players who left were OOC buddies with Mendicant's player. Some of them may not even believe that he cheated.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #63: June 30, 2013, 09:20:46 PM »
It is quite possible that many of the players who left were OOC buddies with Mendicant's player. Some of them may not even believe that he cheated.

On the other hand, it's also possible that some of them shared in the control of the multis.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #64: June 30, 2013, 10:42:09 PM »
we can go back to being the realm everyone loves to hate in no time.

Doubt it.

WIthout Mendicant and Co, I think it's entirely possible that ya'll will find people willing to befriend you.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #65: July 01, 2013, 12:18:18 AM »
we can go back to being the realm everyone loves to hate in no time.

It was really more "Everybody Hates Mendicant" than anything else. I honestly cannot name any other characters currently in that realm. As was said earlier, its entirely possible for a savvy ruler to build relations with his/her 3 estranged neighbors.
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #66: July 01, 2013, 01:55:38 AM »

Yea, what a great chap he was. A pity we don't have any more funny realms like his, right?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

steelabjur@aol.com

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #67: July 01, 2013, 08:45:01 AM »
At the rate things are going, no realm will need to destroy Aurvandil, it'll fall apart under its own power.

Astinus

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #68: July 01, 2013, 12:16:05 PM »
Yea, what a great chap he was. A pity we don't have any more funny realms like his, right?
Yes it's a pity that a guy capable of bringing so many good stories to our battlemaster experience also had the urge to lead a massive network of character in order to make his realm stronger.

sharkattack

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #69: July 01, 2013, 12:45:55 PM »
At the rate things are going, no realm will need to destroy Aurvandil, it'll fall apart under its own power.

You dont even wanna know how many active nobles are in Aurvandil now...

Wolfsong

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • FutureMUD
« Reply #70: July 01, 2013, 12:58:03 PM »
About as many active nobles as were left in Falkirk before it collapsed? And a lot of suspiciously inactive nobles gumming up the works?

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #71: July 01, 2013, 02:15:43 PM »
Wow, Aurvandil really did collapse. 

That is almost funny.   What happened?  Did all your lords start autopausing at the same time?
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Wolfang

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #72: July 01, 2013, 02:56:18 PM »
What in the hell happened? There are two lords in the entire realm??

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #73: July 01, 2013, 04:14:57 PM »
Wow, Aurvandil really did collapse. 

That is almost funny.   What happened?  Did all your lords start autopausing at the same time?

Multies again?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

sharkattack

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #74: July 01, 2013, 04:16:51 PM »
I would love for someone with the authority to check nobles sitting in the Candiels, this !@#$ is annoying.