Author Topic: Aurvandil  (Read 80394 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Aurvandil
« Reply #240: July 24, 2013, 12:57:37 PM »
Barca has annexed Celtiberia. The first region has been returned to its rightful claimant.

Yay!
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

steelabjur@aol.com

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #241: July 25, 2013, 03:47:58 AM »
Duchy Changes Allegiance   (2 hours ago)

Marquessate Of Evanburg has changed its allegiance with all its regions to the realm of Barca. The duchy used to belong to Aurvandil.

Can't say I blame them. Then again, Mastraacht was a Fissoan spy for a long time before making the switch, so I'm biased. ;)

Also, Fatmilak and the Tower are now under Fissoan control.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #242: July 25, 2013, 07:11:11 AM »
My how the mighty how fallen.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #243: July 25, 2013, 04:57:17 PM »
I was looking at the map of Dwilight and its amazing how much it has changed. Who would think Barca would be a power of the south. Aurvandiil destroyed, Terran destroyed , war all over. Its pretty awesome.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #244: July 25, 2013, 08:06:14 PM »
Indeed. Aurvandil will be reborn as something else, and Terran won't remain destroyed much longer if I have a single word to say about it.
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

This account is no longer in use. New account vaguely under wraps.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #245: July 26, 2013, 12:05:52 AM »
I was looking at the map of Dwilight and its amazing how much it has changed. Who would think Barca would be a power of the south. Aurvandiil destroyed, Terran destroyed , war all over. Its pretty awesome.

And to think, at one point Barca was only days from annihilation. And I helped see it through that time  :)

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #246: July 26, 2013, 12:59:10 AM »
...I'm still not sure what the hell happened. Did the Barcan monarch quit or something, back when the Aurvandil crisis began? I remember Barca's leadership completely dropped off the grid, we all eventually wrote Barca off as dead, then suddendly they popped back on the grid and negotiated Daemon assistance. It was... Odd.
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #247: July 26, 2013, 06:26:41 AM »
Indeed. Aurvandil will be reborn as something else, and Terran won't remain destroyed much longer if I have a single word to say about it.

If you bring that abomination back I shall smite you!
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #248: July 26, 2013, 12:22:32 PM »
Abomination? I hope you don't think by Terran I mean that little piss-ant Theocratic disgrace that is Vellos' legacy - I don't consider that to be Terran. I mean the entirety of our territory as per the old, Greater Terran.

Wolfang

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #249: July 26, 2013, 12:24:54 PM »
Terran used to be pretty huge before.

Watly

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #250: July 26, 2013, 02:04:16 PM »
Barca was pretty weak, but due to an influx of new nobles as well as most of the Saffalorian nobles, we now have more nobles than the Morek Empire :D.

And..... Aurvandil has probably 1/8th of it's former army left if it is not less, so it's not really much of a war.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #251: July 26, 2013, 03:06:21 PM »
...I'm still not sure what the hell happened. Did the Barcan monarch quit or something, back when the Aurvandil crisis began? I remember Barca's leadership completely dropped off the grid, we all eventually wrote Barca off as dead, then suddendly they popped back on the grid and negotiated Daemon assistance. It was... Odd.

Yeah, that was me :) I announced that I did not have confidence in our current ruler, and that we should change. They then stepped down and I stepped up. The perception was that the realms to the east couldn't help us, so we looked to the west.

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #252: July 27, 2013, 06:41:54 PM »
Abomination? I hope you don't think by Terran I mean that little piss-ant Theocratic disgrace that is Vellos' legacy - I don't consider that to be Terran. I mean the entirety of our territory as per the old, Greater Terran.

Greater Terran! Yes!

Terminology is very important when discussing the Balkanized Greater Terran.

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #253: July 27, 2013, 07:25:34 PM »
Unfortunately. It angers me, IC and OOC, that Terran has been reduced to a meager single-region theocracy - in name, at least. Greater Terran works as a good secondary term to describe the true Terran, the wonderful nation we knew and loved. It shall rise again, that I promise. ;)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #254: July 27, 2013, 07:47:39 PM »
Unfortunately. It angers me, IC and OOC, that Terran has been reduced to a meager single-region theocracy - in name, at least. Greater Terran works as a good secondary term to describe the true Terran, the wonderful nation we knew and loved. It shall rise again, that I promise. ;)

I tend to call it the Old Republic, though I dislike the StarWars connotation that term has...
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron