Author Topic: the cult of Bloodmoon  (Read 13038 times)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
the cult of Bloodmoon
« Topic Start: April 15, 2011, 02:09:21 PM »
I thought I would throw this out here after reading the 'Dwilight university thread'. Where the Dwilight university is about solid fact and historical knowledge there is always the cult of Bloodmoon guildhouse the delves down the path less taken. Esoterica and alchemy, psychotropic drugs, oracles diviners and seers of the future.  The cult is based around the eating of the Bloodmoon fruit (wiki) that grows in the middle region of Dwilight.  The guild is about bringing different forms of thought and culture to Dwilight.  It is located in Vakreno heaps if anyone is interested in joining.

Right now the basic idea is a guild about esoteric science and divining turtle shells and swaying the outcomes of battles with the reading of intestines etc. With more members a more fleshed out lore can be established. I have intentionally left it vague so new members can feel free to add to the guilds growth.

What is the purpose of this guild?

To eat enough bloodmoon fruit and find out...

http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Cult_of_Bloodmoon
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Meneldur

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: the cult of Bloodmoon
« Reply #1: April 15, 2011, 02:28:39 PM »
Considering the practices of the Bloodmoon Cult are officially permitted by the Sanguis Astroism Magestratum, I'd love to see this guild spread across the theocracies. (although Constantine himself is agnostic regarding the practice I'm sure there are many in SA that would do much to promote it)

Where are the currant guidhouses?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 02:39:14 PM by Meneldur »

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: April 15, 2011, 02:43:26 PM »
There is a guild house in Vakreno heaps right now, miles away from everything. I would like to say this, though cult of Bloodmoon may be accepted by Sanguis Astroism, it is not an Astroist only guild.

The original concept behind 'Bloodmoon' was to make something for and from the world of Dwilight and not so much from the people who colonized it. I noticed that we interacted with gods and stars and swords and kings, but there was nothing to show us how Dwilight interacts with us. The Bloodmoon fruit is a long the lines of 'Peyote' or Ayhuasca use in real life. I don't do drugs in real life, but have always been interested in reading about them. Bloodmoon is merely the voice of the land of Dwilight, it is not god, it is merely a tool for men to commune with the universe.

The concept of Bloodmoon fruit is taken from eating Betel nuts, I currently live in Asia and they chew an awful lot of betel nut, I took the betel nut and infused it with peyote.

So basically the Bloodmoon fruit acts as a roleplay vehicle for people to open up new frontiers that normally wouldn't be logical or doable. Does it actually open up a new realm? Does it actually allow one to see the future? Does it affect the outcome of battles and the destinies of men? Who knows, we won't know until enough people study it, eat it and join the cult of bloodmoon.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: April 15, 2011, 02:47:34 PM »
My character strongly disapproves of these drug-addled lackwits, who mistakenly interpret drug-induced hallucinations as divine revelations. :p
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #4: April 15, 2011, 02:49:50 PM »
My character got invited, and promptly told them to get sober and do it the proper way (Trial and error, careful attention to detail, thorough recording of observations).

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: April 15, 2011, 03:09:07 PM »
My character got invited, and promptly told them to get sober and do it the proper way (Trial and error, careful attention to detail, thorough recording of observations).

yeah but what fun in a roleplaying game is that? Oh, ye who dances with Daimons  :P

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: April 15, 2011, 04:21:43 PM »
My character strongly disapproves of these drug-addled lackwits, who mistakenly interpret drug-induced hallucinations as divine revelations. :p

I don't remember Sanguis Astroism doing any studies on the natural drugs and medicines of Dwilight. I would assume that if you were hurt in battle you'd probably have the offending limb sawed off.  ;D

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: April 15, 2011, 06:32:33 PM »
I don't see what any of that has to do with a belief that drug-induced hallucinations are not divine visions...

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: April 15, 2011, 06:33:20 PM »
I don't remember Sanguis Astroism doing any studies on the natural drugs and medicines of Dwilight. I would assume that if you were hurt in battle you'd probably have the offending limb sawed off.  ;D

I remember when Glaumring got a whole bunch of volunteers to do Bloodmoon fruit experiments. Those were some good RPs.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: April 15, 2011, 06:49:54 PM »
I don't see what any of that has to do with a belief that drug-induced hallucinations are not divine visions...

How does your character know anything about drugs?  Hundreds and thousands of years men used plants and herbs to medicate and alter their perception of the universe, there was a time and still is in many aboriginal tribes where this reality and the other ones are of no difference, where dreams are as real as waking reality.  What is the difference between a divine vision and one induced with the aid of a fruit? None to the one who experiences it.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #10: April 15, 2011, 06:57:32 PM »
Perhaps not, but don't expect those who don't abuse the drug to accept such perceptions as valid.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: April 15, 2011, 07:11:39 PM »
Perhaps not, but don't expect those who don't abuse the drug to accept such perceptions as valid.

Abuse? even Christians drink wine...

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #12: April 15, 2011, 07:21:10 PM »
Not to the point where they get drunk. At least the formal practice of imbibing wine is not intended to make the drinker drunk. Now, let's move away from the real world religions, shall we?

What is pretty clear here is that the guys eating the bloodmoon fruit aren't just taking a few nibbles to give a small boost to their mental faculties. Instead, they are eating it to the point of hallucinating. Sounds like abuse right there.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: April 15, 2011, 07:48:05 PM »
How does your character know anything about drugs?  Hundreds and thousands of years men used plants and herbs to medicate and alter their perception of the universe, there was a time and still is in many aboriginal tribes where this reality and the other ones are of no difference, where dreams are as real as waking reality.

And for hundreds and thousands of years there have been those who felt that this was all just a bunch of crap. Some people probably thought the drug addicts were just misguided, and some probably thought they were blatant charlatans and con artists.

And, yes, some people did think they were perfectly valid visions from the gods.

What is the difference between a divine vision and one induced with the aid of a fruit? None to the one who experiences it.

For the people doing the drugs, you may be right. For some of the people observing it, and for some of the people trying it out, too, the idea that eating a fruit can make god talk to you is ridiculous.

Look, I'm not saying that your RP is dumb, invalid, immature, naive, etc. I'm just giving my character's personal opinion on the subject of drug-induced divine visions.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: April 15, 2011, 08:50:06 PM »
A new guild? Hm? Hm?

Sounds like something I'll need to join.... though I think Hireshmont may take a more sober view on the Bloodmoon fruit.

Or, hah, maybe Bloodmoon fruit will be incorporated into Triunism.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner