Author Topic: New religion idea for Dwilight: Agrarian Faith of the Ancestors (working title)  (Read 22353 times)

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
The feature of restricting the temples to rural regions is a risky one, that I grant. It is one of those things where you tied your hand behind your back to make the fight more challenging. I believe limitations are necessary in order to carve out some personality for a religion. But it is a gain if at the end it makes people interested in the religion.

I think you make a good point about creating personality and uniqueness for the religion and I think this idea certainly has merit. But a someone who has founded a religion and been a part of many others, believe me when I say you aren't doing yourself any favors by putting purposeful limitations on it if you want it to succeed at all. Getting a religion to become successful is extremely difficult in Battlemaster.

That being said, I do think some of your ideas, even the limiting ones, have already succeeded in at least perking a few people's interests here and would certainly succeed in giving it some personality/uniqueness.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)