Author Topic: New religion idea for Dwilight: Agrarian Faith of the Ancestors (working title)  (Read 22413 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Founding a new religion looks more and more like an effort which would greatly benefit from many friends all across the place - of connections, reputation, status - none of which my current character nor family has. Rafaello the brash young knight might found it one day, but to be fair to him he is only seventeen and his friends can be counted with fingers of one badly mutilated hand. There is a story there building, gradually, and perhaps there will be a time when founding the faith will be done together with a large and influential group of nobles, with a few notable characters willing to become priests right from the start.

If I may make a suggestion: the best way to learn how to play the religion game well and learn the needs of a religion is to join a successful one and become a priest. I'm obviously partial to SA, and it's a fantastic place to see what the religion game can be: but there are other religions too where you can explore what works, and what doesn't, it religions.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner