Author Topic: Region transfer between Duchy question  (Read 2062 times)

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Region transfer between Duchy question
« Topic Start: June 14, 2013, 11:08:02 AM »
Here's a question:

I am the Duke of Kepler, Earl of Kepler. The region of Kepler gets taken over, so I lose the Earlship but remain Duke of Kepler. Kepler is then taken over back by Keplerstan, but the game automatically assigns it to the Duchy of Brahe.

Is there any way for the Duke of Brahe to transfer the region to the Duchy of Kepler without assigning a Lord to the region? I want to get back the region for myself.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Region transfer between Duchy question
« Reply #1: June 14, 2013, 01:52:20 PM »
Not at this time. In fact, this has never been possible.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: June 16, 2013, 01:38:05 AM »
Not at this time. In fact, this has never been possible.
Is there any particular reason for it?
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: June 16, 2013, 04:31:20 AM »
I seem to remember Tom saying something or other about why he didn't want dukes to be able to give regions to other duchies, but I really can't remember.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: June 16, 2013, 11:05:56 AM »
I seem to remember Tom saying something or other about why he didn't want dukes to be able to give regions to other duchies, but I really can't remember.

If the region had reverted back to its previous duchy, that would have caused no problem. The issue here is that it reverted to the closest contiguous duchy instead of going for historical links. I understand that would probably be hard to code though.

At the moment, I've entered the Lordhip election, crossing my finger that this will move the region in my duchy and not drop the Duke title. Let's see.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: June 17, 2013, 02:45:31 AM »
If the region had reverted back to its previous duchy, that would have caused no problem. The issue here is that it reverted to the closest contiguous duchy instead of going for historical links. I understand that would probably be hard to code though.

At the moment, I've entered the Lordhip election, crossing my finger that this will move the region in my duchy and not drop the Duke title. Let's see.

Try not to lose all of your duchy's regions... Had you swayed the lord of the region adjacent to the one you wanted back to switch to you duchy before the TO, the region would be yours to do what you want with.

This is obviously not a fix, but it could prevent such frustration scenarios.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron