Author Topic: Inappropriate naming of militia and recruitment centers in Akesh Temple  (Read 5656 times)

Lavigna

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Name Type Training Equipment
alCIAda Cavalry 55 50 / 40
Jo9/11b Infantry 85 75 / 55
Hoax Bin Laden (militia) Caligus 20 Archers 400 stationary

This is a totaly inappropriate naming of militia and recruitment center in BM. I can't be sure who actually created those (current lord or not) thus i cannot fill a complain as i wouldn't like to target the wrong person.

I ask for those to be removed  in case of militia and the centers renamed.
Suck my socks! I kill for Darka! -KK-

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
Name Type Training Equipment
alCIAda Cavalry 55 50 / 40
Jo9/11b Infantry 85 75 / 55
Hoax Bin Laden (militia) Caligus 20 Archers 400 stationary

This is a totaly inappropriate naming of militia and recruitment center in BM. I can't be sure who actually created those (current lord or not) thus i cannot fill a complain as i wouldn't like to target the wrong person.

I ask for those to be removed  in case of militia and the centers renamed.

I recommend that you file a Titan report - they can get that done, if deemed appropriate.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
I recommend that you file a Titan report - they can get that done, if deemed appropriate.

The Titans have pretty much ceded jurisdiction these days to the Magistrates on everything but the SMA reports and multis. The tools they have aren't really significantly better than those available to the Magistrates in cases like this: basically, they'd have to ask the Devs.

This should be reported to the Magistrates if you feel that it needs reporting; the current Lord may not be the one who originally placed them as militia, but he's the one responsible for them now.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
File a Magistrates; list the current lord as the defendant.

Or you could just OOC privately contact the lord about it.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
File both a Titans report, and a Magistrates report. Make it a race to see who gets something done first. ;)
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
File both a Titans report, and a Magistrates report. Make it a race to see who gets something done first. ;)

That's like saying, "Send an average sea turtle and a golden retriever, and make it a race to see who gets there first."
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Gustav Kuriga

That's like saying, "Send an average sea turtle and a golden retriever, and make it a race to see who gets there first."

Well, one could pose the question of whether this race is on land or in water?

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
The Titans have pretty much ceded jurisdiction these days to the Magistrates on everything but the SMA reports and multis. The tools they have aren't really significantly better than those available to the Magistrates in cases like this: basically, they'd have to ask the Devs.

This should be reported to the Magistrates if you feel that it needs reporting; the current Lord may not be the one who originally placed them as militia, but he's the one responsible for them now.

The thing about this is that we can't directly do anything about it either. Our relationship with the Devs is not defined in an official sense, whereas it's always been my impression that the Titans work rather closely with them. Actually I've generally suspected that the Titans are Devs for the most part, but that's just an unsubstantiated hunch. One or two of the Magistrates happen to be Devs, but it's not entirely clear what we can or should ask them to do. I suppose anything, supposing it's in our power to ask anything of them in the first place - Are you saying that it is?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 05:08:24 AM by Geronus »

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
Well, one could pose the question of whether this race is on land or in water?

Touche.

Lavigna

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
File a Magistrates; list the current lord as the defendant.

Or you could just OOC privately contact the lord about it.

yup, i think this is the best solution.I will have a char move there and contact him through the region. I think the complain is a bit too much without having talked to the player first.

Atanamir

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
yup, i think this is the best solution.I will have a char move there and contact him through the region. I think the complain is a bit too much without having talked to the player first.

I wrote to the player of Bannor. Let's see what he says.

irishlad2222

• Peasant
    • View Profile
Duke of Akesh Temple and previous Margrave here.  Those names are quite old, RL years actually.  As long as I have been in Caligus, no one seems to have mentioned anything, so I thought it was some kind of running joke and left it be.  Again, this predates the current Margrave and myself, the previous one.

Lavigna

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Duke of Akesh Temple and previous Margrave here.  Those names are quite old, RL years actually.  As long as I have been in Caligus, no one seems to have mentioned anything, so I thought it was some kind of running joke and left it be.  Again, this predates the current Margrave and myself, the previous one.

Yeah i thought so, this is why i didn't want to start a complain, you can never be sure for such things...i just think it would be better to get rid of those ...not fit for BM according to my humble opinion...Just change the names to something more suitable :)