Author Topic: Perdan vs Caligus and Company  (Read 62564 times)

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Perdan vs Caligus and Company
« Reply #165: January 20, 2014, 04:27:43 AM »
Caligus should just be done with it and survive with Fontan and surrounding regions. Perdan is too strong.

Ya hear that. Ask for peace!
But then Caligus realm is not called Caligus but Fontan! What kind of magic is this :P

Forgive me for not being long time player enough to see this. Where is Caligus original city? Is it not called Caligus city? ???
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

T Strike

• Noble Lord
  • What happened?
    • View Profile
« Reply #166: January 20, 2014, 05:02:26 AM »
Caligus' original city and capital is Domus.
Westmoor: Cross... Coria: Yenom... Caelum: Gawain... Astrum: Ekirt

Atanamir

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #167: January 20, 2014, 11:35:39 AM »
With some hope they will join Sirion so we can show to the "humans" how stupid they can be...

They could well just fight to the end and join Sirion and boost Sirion's noble count by 20. That would beef up the realm with at least 10-15k CS. Couldn't hurt to have 50k mobile CS.

...so much about the true nature of land and noble grabbing by Sirion...*cough*imperialists*cough*...

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #168: January 20, 2014, 11:50:45 AM »
...so much about the true nature of land and noble grabbing by Sirion...*cough*imperialists*cough*...

Well, when you're forcing the destruction of a realm, Sirion doesn't really have to even try. So honestly it's Perdan's fault if they do go to Sirion.

Atanamir

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #169: January 20, 2014, 12:37:22 PM »
Well, when you're forcing the destruction of a realm, Sirion doesn't really have to even try. So honestly it's Perdan's fault if they do go to Sirion.

I wonder why Sirion is defending them at all then.  ???

Maybe not everyone would go there...  ;)

T Strike

• Noble Lord
  • What happened?
    • View Profile
« Reply #170: January 20, 2014, 08:19:04 PM »
Well I guess it's natural to go to your allies realm after your realm has died.

However, there are always cases of "can't beat 'em... join 'em"

Blue Star

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #171: January 21, 2014, 03:15:01 AM »
Lot of Sirion Nobility speak *coughs* ::)

I honestly wonder if Sirion can get to Perdan's borders it would be interesting. However, Caligus turned down those treaties with not much of a surprise hey if good old Fontan was there and had that choice they would of taken it, but then again we were arguing greeks.

I don't blame em geez fight Perdan or fight Sirion on your borders it's a lose~lose fighting on that indefensible land. Yet, I think they'd still be fighting Sirion now and have more regions still if they had chosen Perdan.
I think like a sinner. Curse like a sailor. Smile like a saint. :)

Atanamir

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #172: January 21, 2014, 09:23:18 AM »
Lot of Sirion Nobility speak *coughs*

And then they say Perdan would treat them as puppets... ;)
While they all wait for Caligus to die so Caligus nobles can become also official Sirion cannonfodder...well chosen Caligus, well chosen...

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #173: January 21, 2014, 04:52:43 PM »
Look who is trying to change their mind now to join Perdan... well chosen Perdan... well chosen. Nothing better than hoping them to join Perdan after destroy their realm just to force them to war against us (what is just a lie, after all).

Sirion nobility is not talking here... that's just me. And again, I'm not talking as Erik, but as Eduardo. You know, the player. That human being behind the character. Someone with scruples :)

I'm more concerned with an useless guild of 36 people. I thought for a moment that the ECDA would serve for something, but it's useless. East Continent serves only to have some median wars and to continue feeding the dream of the same five or four people seeking for the same revenge. If you want to roleplay, better to find another place.
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!

Atanamir

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #174: January 21, 2014, 06:01:30 PM »
I'm more concerned with an useless guild of 36 people. I thought for a moment that the ECDA would serve for something, but it's useless. East Continent serves only to have some median wars and to continue feeding the dream of the same five or four people seeking for the same revenge. If you want to roleplay, better to find another place.

We still don't have any branche in Caligus or Nivemus.
Also the ECDA is the skeleton for RP, that was its purpose, you have to use it if you want to achieve something through it.
Don't expect that ECDA will make things for you... lol
And I can't help if Erik's princess died away... :(

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #175: January 21, 2014, 07:18:33 PM »
I'm trying. But as it seems, nobody cares to Erik taking his own daughter as wife. Also, I can write many RPs as I always did, but it's to play with myself. People are just giving their names, joining the guild and then... nothing. RP is a road of two ways. We have the place, have the people... but just it. Really, it's just a skeleton without soul. They just talk when there is some political implication and the guild is not for that at all. I don't need 36 people just to see Atanamir and Erik provoking each other.

Also, you will need to have Caligus to open a guild there...  ;D
Serpentis again!

Turner

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #176: January 22, 2014, 12:16:27 AM »
I actually don't want to see Caligus destroyed.

I would prefer it to still exist and perhaps another realm made out of Fontan city. Caligus can still exist out of Domus.

I feel the same way about Sirion, they do need to be dealt with and taken down, but not utterly destroyed. You can make a couple of new realms out of their horde of land in the North  ;D

I feel game play and dynamics will be better with more realms, rather than only a few massive ones. Im not talking about puppet realms either, but ones with their own agenda and standards. It will also make politics more interesting.
Michael (BT) - Marcus (BT) - Antonious (EC) - Claudius (EC)

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #177: January 22, 2014, 12:37:50 AM »
I would like to see more realms too, but with the same model we have in the south now!? No, thanks.

I still doubt that Sirion can be utterly destroyed. Maybe you can find a way to take Oligarch, Krimml... maybe Karbala. However, any realm built in these lands will have to face Sirion at some point. It's different, however, if Sirion decide to give the regions to the formation of a new realm. But just give it to let Perdan have another puppet!? Or even to Sirion have a puppet!? Again... no, thanks.

There's a difference when you decide to build something new and when you just want to spread your power with your puppets. I will support new realms for new people... but if I need to give it to the same old people with the same old interests, I prefer to stay with Sirion as it is instead of have another Perleone or another Fallangard.

The speech to unite humanity against an elven kingdom can be very cute, but no human is so stupid and retarded enough to think that soon they will not be trying to rip the heads of each other again. Also, if they don't want to rip these heads, we don't need to have many small realms... no if they are designed to act as just one. To act like this it's better to have a huge realm like Sirion. At least we have less risk of deceiving other players with different names and flags when in truth they are all in the same basket following the same leader. And even worse... without any real power to leave their alliance and fight against the "masters".

You will never see a ruler creating a colony greater than his own kingdom (look at Perdan and its puppets). Reason is simple: they are expendable and will always be a good resource when the war far from the borders is impractical. You take them and turn them into another puppet indefinitely.

I would like to see more realms? Yes.
Following this model? Never.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 12:55:46 AM by Eduardo Almighty »
Serpentis again!

T Strike

• Noble Lord
  • What happened?
    • View Profile
« Reply #178: January 22, 2014, 01:01:15 AM »
I don't know what you are angry about Eduardo... Cagilan Empire has been doing that for how long?

Foxglove

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #179: January 22, 2014, 01:17:05 AM »
I'm trying. But as it seems, nobody cares to Erik taking his own daughter as wife. Also, I can write many RPs as I always did, but it's to play with myself. People are just giving their names, joining the guild and then... nothing. RP is a road of two ways. We have the place, have the people... but just it. Really, it's just a skeleton without soul. They just talk when there is some political implication and the guild is not for that at all. I don't need 36 people just to see Atanamir and Erik provoking each other.

I'm not sure it's ever been made clear that the ECDA is designed as a conduit for RP. I also think it's partly just a problem of not having enough RPs left (as in people willing to write narrative RPs). I expect this partly has to do with an ageing playerbase that has more going on in real life. There was a time when I'd write whole sequences of narrative RPs, but I just don't have time to write them now and I'm not convinced I will again. It mostly has to be a big event to prompt me to write something these days. The last one was the funeral of Armstrong Ironsides, which was a good RP event that Erik attended. But, even then, we only had about three or four players contributing to the RP sequence to tell the story.