Author Topic: Perdan vs Caligus and Company  (Read 61796 times)

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
Re: Perdan vs Caligus and Company
« Reply #60: July 17, 2013, 09:00:24 PM »
Perdan should donate that gold to the Church so we can enlarge us some temples!

And make the ibby infy cry.

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #61: July 18, 2013, 04:40:27 AM »
The Church must be destroyed in Westmoor. This is always a good try for a "crusade".
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #62: July 18, 2013, 04:59:15 AM »
Not going to happen.  Shame the people of Sirion were stupid enough to elect you.  They ruined their chances of finally freeing themselves of Erik.  Ah well, examples of why republics are, in the long run, always going to fail.

Foxglove

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #63: July 18, 2013, 06:08:32 AM »
The Church must be destroyed in Westmoor. This is always a good try for a "crusade".

That would be meaningless because it's a continental faith. At last count, the Church of Humanity had temples in five or six different realms. The only way you'll get rid of the Church is by destroying the whole continent.

Do feel free to declare war on the entire continent as soon as convenient  ;)

Blue Star

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #64: July 18, 2013, 06:09:06 AM »
Destroying the church I must say it would be a good rp and good reason.

"Church is corrupt!"
I think like a sinner. Curse like a sailor. Smile like a saint. :)

Turner

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #65: July 18, 2013, 06:10:03 AM »
That would be meaningless because it's a continental faith. At last count, the Church of Humanity had temples in five or six different realms. The only way you'll get rid of the Church is by destroying the whole continent.

Do feel free to declare war on the entire continent as soon as convenient  ;)

Not to mention it has a presence in realms on other continents as well.

Good luck with trying to destroy it, aint gonna happen ;)
Michael (BT) - Marcus (BT) - Antonious (EC) - Claudius (EC)

Foxglove

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #66: July 18, 2013, 06:14:15 AM »
Good point. It's actually a global religion now. Still, it gives Erik a reason to travel to other islands and have a vacation.

"The bards sing of one elf's relentless quest to destroy a whole religion. They also sing the strange tale of how his pointed ears disappeared as soon as he set foot in the Far East".

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #67: July 18, 2013, 06:14:33 AM »
LOL. As it seems, Erik is smart like Jor. First Jor ruined Westmoor, after that, Westmoor is doomed when they cannot free themselves of Jor. Examples of why some kingdoms, in a short run, always going to fall. Shame on the people of Westmoor... again.

Perspective is a bitch.

The good news is that Erik is Judge once again.

Good luck with trying to destroy it, aint gonna happen ;)

I'm worried with Sirion/Perdan/Westmoor here ;)

"The bards sing of one elf's relentless quest to destroy a whole religion. They also sing the strange tale of how his pointed ears disappeared as soon as set foot in the Far East".

I have a character in Kindara. But there, he don't care with religion yet. Erik doesn't want to destroy the whole religion, just cut some heads of the religion in Westmoor.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 06:19:22 AM by Eduardo Almighty »
Serpentis again!

Foxglove

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #68: July 18, 2013, 06:56:42 AM »
I know you have a character in Kindara. My character in Kindara sent you the funds you needed to recruit a unit when you arrived there. ;D

If, by heads of the religion you mean high ranking Westmoorian priests, Erik's got no chance. He'll see why soon if he keeps an eye on said priests.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #69: July 18, 2013, 07:49:44 AM »
Not going to happen.  Shame the people of Sirion were stupid enough to elect you.  They ruined their chances of finally freeing themselves of Erik.  Ah well, examples of why republics are, in the long run, always going to fail.
On this account, I agree with you. I have played in republic and democracy systems before. Both always have internal problems, many elections candidates going for populist policies and so on. Not to mention, there is good and bad things that each government system type enjoy. My characters tried to stay away from populist policies as it always end up on failures one way or another. Sometime it is hard to resist as everyone all are doing same thing ::)

I not know much about Erik, but I do experience being on another side of him, in Fontan side against Sirion. Maybe it is time I make everyone notice my character Brock enough by buying a Unique Item or two ;D

By the way, with Caligus going for peace. Soon we will all settle down for a peace continent again :-\
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70: July 18, 2013, 12:44:27 PM »
While that is technically true, it's presence on other islands is minor, or negligible. Particularly FEI, where is a tiny little thing. And on BT, it hasn't really gotten much (any?) traction outside Old Grehk.

I wouldn't really consider CoH to be a multi-island region. It's almost a multi-family religion (most specifically of three particular families) that take it wherever they go.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #71: July 19, 2013, 04:11:29 PM »
I doubt so much people cares with the CoH. In Sirion the only reason we gave some attention is because of Jor and his positions about the elves. Without him, for Sirion the CoH is just another human religion for humans and nothing more. But, if Erik get to marry and stabilish familiar ties with Perdan, be sure he will continue with his witch hunt.

As Erik would be a disgrace to Sirion if Westmoor had won the war, Jor is a shadow over Westmoor that will always be a nice excuse to justify our attacks. In Sirion we like to deal with warrior kings, not priests with skirts and religious influence.
Serpentis again!

Turner

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #72: July 20, 2013, 12:26:15 AM »
I doubt so much people cares with the CoH. In Sirion the only reason we gave some attention is because of Jor and his positions about the elves. Without him, for Sirion the CoH is just another human religion for humans and nothing more. But, if Erik get to marry and stabilish familiar ties with Perdan, be sure he will continue with his witch hunt.

As Erik would be a disgrace to Sirion if Westmoor had won the war, Jor is a shadow over Westmoor that will always be a nice excuse to justify our attacks. In Sirion we like to deal with warrior kings, not priests with skirts and religious influence.

Erik's fixation on Jor is misguided and delusional.

If you think the Church's position would be any different about elves and other inhuman creatures without him, you are mistaken.

Michael (BT) - Marcus (BT) - Antonious (EC) - Claudius (EC)

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #73: July 20, 2013, 03:04:30 AM »
It's not a fixation, Jor was just the one with who he had contact. Also, Jor is not a problem, just an example of people to show the CoH in a evil way inside Sirion. So, giving us an extra reason to march over Westmoor.

Atanamir even mentioned his concern about how this kind of thinking is spreading within the religion established in Perdan, but of course he could be lying or simply doesn't care. Anyway, many people in Sirion want to be friendly with Westmoor now.
Serpentis again!

Blue Star

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #74: July 20, 2013, 04:37:31 AM »
lol Sirion nice to Westmoor ::)  why not after taking majority of their land and giving it to nivemus or keeping it.

Greedy greedy Sirion. The elves' thirst will never be quenched.
I think like a sinner. Curse like a sailor. Smile like a saint. :)