Author Topic: Perdan vs Caligus and Company  (Read 61799 times)

Feylonis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Perdan vs Caligus and Company
« Reply #75: July 20, 2013, 04:50:34 AM »
Yeah, Westmoor totally didn't get those parts of their land from Sirion in the first place. How unfair!

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #76: July 20, 2013, 06:40:38 AM »
Which is funny, as I've never said such things about the elves IC.  Only OOC.

Good thing Erik's such a terrible RPer.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #77: July 20, 2013, 07:10:02 AM »
Let's calm it down a bit now, people. Obviously this is a sore subject for some people, so let's move on.

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #78: July 20, 2013, 07:42:39 AM »
Good thing Erik's such a terrible RPer.

If you find two RPs with Erik quoting the CoH or two messages at all about the religion, you're lucky.

The whole hate is with Dürion, when he danced with Westmorian skin over his body in one of many victories after Jor said the elves are just amputee freaks. While some people can see the CoH as a danger like the Flow, and at some point it can be -- and people are right to have their religious worries, Erik is more worried with realms and armies instead of human religions.

This is different than personal dislike. Erik doesn't like a lot of people even within Sirion. Jor is just another one. Erik doesn't know if Jor hates elves or not... but as a high noble, Erik can consider the simple fact of being called an amputee offensive enough to burn everything beyond the Sirion River.

I don't care what you talk OOC when I'm playing my characters... we talk a lot. With my characters, I'm tied by a single behavior of Jor that they considered offensive and enough to march along another thousand of good reasons. Just a flavor. Even when I remember some letters from inside the Church with offensive talks about Sirion and the "elves"... it's natural. Erik... and at some point Sirion as well, will hate our enemies like they hate us.

We don't care if CoH is ant-elf... many people in Sirion don't care with elves. They care if the CoH will treat us like the Flow did. It's a practical matter.
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #79: July 20, 2013, 05:28:36 PM »
Jor said the elves are just amputee freaks....Erik can consider the simple fact of being called an amputee offensive

Pretty sure Erik is too young to be an elf. Circle/Ecthelion would be grandfathered in as an elf, but I'd best most of the grandfathered elves are long gone. Just some elf dukes hiding in their towers these days.

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #80: July 20, 2013, 05:56:58 PM »
Not so old, but after years playing him as an elf before forums and IRCs, as a new player in Sirion, land of the elves, now is also too late to change him. It's not so important, after all... the main RP is about Erik being Erik, not an elf.

People can deal with that as they wish, of course.
Serpentis again!

Blue Star

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #81: July 20, 2013, 07:08:18 PM »
Wait a second, so only the older elves are elves? The long ears are really few then. I thought Sirion was still making it know they were elves to their people.

I mean someone can always be a half-elf... *coughs* that not another race entirely.
I think like a sinner. Curse like a sailor. Smile like a saint. :)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82: July 20, 2013, 07:19:56 PM »
Does it really matter?
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #83: July 20, 2013, 09:46:37 PM »
No.
Serpentis again!

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #84: July 23, 2013, 11:31:59 PM »
They care if the CoH will treat us like the Flow did. It's a practical matter.
And yet the CoH has never done so, nor would they be permitted so long as a Tanos is Arch Cleric.  Jor's even rebuked clerics for using the faith to cause unrest. 

The Church goes out of its way to attempt to work with landed lords and rulers, typically.  Provided they're reasonable, aren't habitual liars, and don't try to harm the Church/the Faithful.

So as a practical matter, you're targeting the wrong religion.  Look within Sirion's borders for the religious troublemakers.

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #85: July 24, 2013, 01:23:44 AM »
Again, Erik doesn't have anything against the entire religion. This is just with Jor and since he's not ruling Westmoor anymore (at least not with titles to do so), there's not a problem at all. Let the humans with their human religion, you know... 

The old dragon is taking good care of former Fontanese "troublemakers". Don't worry. He's happy now, just waiting to see Avamar with 11 regions and what his Perdanese princess have to say. As Judge again he cannot visit the tournament... a shame. He would enjoy that.
Serpentis again!

loren

• Noble Lord
  • I'm too old for this
    • View Profile
« Reply #86: July 31, 2013, 04:22:56 AM »
Wait a second, so only the older elves are elves? The long ears are really few then. I thought Sirion was still making it know they were elves to their people.

I mean someone can always be a half-elf... *coughs* that not another race entirely.

A long standing debate. Most of my characters assume that new nobles in Sirion just pretend to be elves b/c well... Sirion has elves.  Why let their poor delusions hurt them.  Its not much different than the Orcs of Oligarch.  Ahh the Orcs, now those were some opponents!

Blue Star

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #87: July 31, 2013, 04:39:02 AM »
A long standing debate. Most of my characters assume that new nobles in Sirion just pretend to be elves b/c well... Sirion has elves.  Why let their poor delusions hurt them.  Its not much different than the Orcs of Oligarch.  Ahh the Orcs, now those were some opponents!

+1, thank goodness i'm not the only one
I think like a sinner. Curse like a sailor. Smile like a saint. :)

Zakilevo

« Reply #88: July 31, 2013, 04:50:07 AM »
Meh. I never told people not to play an elf in Sirion. Not worth the trouble. Hey Zakilevo was an elf (although I never said/denied/acknowledged it) until Miriam said she doesn't like elves :o. He became a human from that point.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 08:34:18 AM by Lapallanch »

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #89: July 31, 2013, 07:34:32 AM »
A foolish debate... people must be worried with what a character can do instead of how he call himself.
Serpentis again!