Author Topic: Atamara- The Barony of Makar  (Read 6981 times)

JoziGould

• Peasant
    • View Profile
Atamara- The Barony of Makar
« Topic Start: June 21, 2013, 10:35:37 PM »
Atamara=boring----proved wrong by dante :P

I just watched a new ruler be elected for the Barony without any message to the realm before or after his appointment.  The culture of this game is becoming stagnant.  Not the game I used to know.

Please someone tell me I'm wrong.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 12:26:04 AM by JoziGould »

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
Re: Atamara- The Barony of Makar
« Reply #1: June 21, 2013, 10:38:03 PM »
The Barony is literally the worst place you could be to avoid stagnant culture. It has been stagnant for at least a couple years now. Go somewhere where things are happening. On Atamara: try Silnaria, maybe Minas Leon, or Darka.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

JoziGould

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: June 21, 2013, 10:49:19 PM »
You are right. 

My character would rather stay and see it burned to the ground though, there are not many other potentially evil or barbarian like realms in the game.

I guess I should not complain but I could not help but notice and be disgusted a little.

egamma

« Reply #3: June 21, 2013, 11:22:53 PM »
You're...surprised...that in a tyranny you don't have a say?

What happened to Sordnaz? He was one of my favorite rulers.

JoziGould

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: June 21, 2013, 11:27:38 PM »
actually not at all, you fail to understand my point.

No Culture
No activity
No community

A message from the tyrant saying that I am banned and being hunted for execution would be a nice thing at this point, at least I would know some one on the throne is watching.

I could personally care less about having a say in the realm

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: June 22, 2013, 12:09:34 AM »
actually not at all, you fail to understand my point.

No Culture
No activity
No community

A message from the tyrant saying that I am banned and being hunted for execution would be a nice thing at this point, at least I would know some one on the throne is watching.

I could personally care less about having a say in the realm

Literally if you want any of those 3 things you should come to Silnaria. Already 3 people from the Barony of Makar have joined us. Silnaria has a very good community and great activity right now. On top of that we've got an interesting dynamic of culture that is starting. (quite to my surprise). Our General is a viking by heritage.

But, using BoM as the standard for saying AT is boring is probably the worst reference I have seen. BoM is boring. Now, not all of AT is exciting, but parts are.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Zakilevo

« Reply #6: June 22, 2013, 12:10:54 AM »
What? BoM is still alive? People should just destroy that boring ass realm and build multiple colonies.

JoziGould

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: June 22, 2013, 12:17:15 AM »
What? BoM is still alive? People should just destroy that boring ass realm and build multiple colonies.

This is exactly what myself and another player have suggested.  No response.

i will take that into consideration Dante, and yeah i will admit my statement about Atamara is a little ridiculous
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 12:20:57 AM by JoziGould »

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: June 22, 2013, 01:30:18 AM »
My character would rather stay and see it burned to the ground though, there are not many other potentially evil or barbarian like realms in the game.

If you like that style maybe give Asylon a visit on Dwilight after you decide to leave the Barony. They do the barbarian schtick I'm pretty sure, or some do at least. And it's a little more creative because it's not just a Viking thing its more of a slavic horde kind of feel if I've interpreted it correctly.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: June 22, 2013, 06:13:48 AM »
This may sound counter-intuitive, but we're not here for your entertainment. We're here to entertain ourselves. You get out of this game what you put into it.

If my realm was having an election where no one said anything, I'd run for office and try to shake things up.
------
qui audet vincit

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: June 22, 2013, 07:27:49 AM »
There is more substance to those who exhibit prejudice against the Makarian culture than there is within the Makarian culture itself.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Ender

• Noble Lord
  • Neill Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: June 23, 2013, 12:37:06 AM »
What happened to Sordnaz? He was one of my favorite rulers.

He wrote me once OOC right before Ender left the BoM and then I think he autopaused out of all of his positions and I'm assuming he never came back.

But yeah, you can find more interesting places to either play a barbarian (Darka on Atamara perhaps, or Thalmarkin is supposed to be a fun place on BT) or just be more active in general. The BoM has been dead for a long time.

Eirikr

« Reply #12: June 23, 2013, 09:58:06 AM »
You are right. 

I guess I should not complain but I could not help but notice and be disgusted a little.

As others have said, there are options. Personally having played in Thalmarkin, I'd suggest it as one of the best realms for activity. They're fresh off a war, though, so the action is a little calmed. I'm really sorry you caught the Barony at this point; it used to be really great. The people who made it great left to Heorot, which was subsequently destroyed.

There is more substance to those who exhibit prejudice against the Makarian culture than there is within the Makarian culture itself.

This is only accurate now... Two years back that would have been very inaccurate. I'm trying to keep some of the Viking stuff alive through my pages on the wiki (which I procrastinate on...) and through my in-game actions. Ravendon in Silnaria still holds some Viking-y things when I have time.

Ender

• Noble Lord
  • Neill Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: June 23, 2013, 02:49:22 PM »
This is only accurate now... Two years back that would have been very inaccurate. I'm trying to keep some of the Viking stuff alive through my pages on the wiki (which I procrastinate on...) and through my in-game actions. Ravendon in Silnaria still holds some Viking-y things when I have time.

I always forget Ravendon is down there carrying the Viking torch!

BoM gave Atamara horseless jousting, a culture of excessive mead consumption that led to us to thinking that not drinking mead would make you sickly and weak, insane badger kings, and a few of us carried on that xenophobia (the original realm description mentioned that) for everything that wasn't Makarian for years that made for some very interesting discussions with characters not from the Barony. Those are just highlights, but the BoM did have a pretty rich background at one point. It's just a long time since it really saw much use.

Eirikr

« Reply #14: June 23, 2013, 10:58:18 PM »
I always forget Ravendon is down there carrying the Viking torch!

That's probably because you banned him so very long ago. :p