Author Topic: Placeholder Duke  (Read 17529 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Placeholder Duke
« Topic Start: June 25, 2013, 02:46:17 PM »
I personally believe the rule against placeholding is important because it allows a certain flow of positions. What happened now is a duke that was finally removed after a very long time of holding that position, is returned to being duke. This entirely kills the possibility for others to have even a chance at becoming duke themselves.

This bears repeating.

The rule against placeholders is not an arbitrary one, nor is it simply meant to protect the person appointed in the interim from being forced to do something he does not choose.

Placeholders are not permitted, regardless of the desires of those involved in the case. While it is true that gaining a Lordship has become much easier in recent times due to the dearth of active players, there are still many areas where rising above that level is very difficult. Dukeships and Council positions, once vacated, are only permitted to be taken up by those who are committed to holding the position as their own.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan