Author Topic: Best realms to join on June 2013  (Read 15024 times)

Wolfang

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Best realms to join on June 2013
« Reply #30: June 26, 2013, 12:43:45 AM »
Critiquing other people's assessments of their (because i'm assuming most people are here promoting their realms) is allowed. Nothing political/rivalry blabla, just critique whether or not they are overselling or not.

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: June 26, 2013, 05:50:28 AM »
Err, they're all over-selling their realms. Because they think another warm body is going to help them "win". Reminds me of a farmer's market in Beijing, really.  ::)

No offense to you, as I'm sure you're a great player.

I'm actually interested in knowing what you're specifically looking for, not recruiting another noble so that I can "win" BattleMaster.
------
qui audet vincit

Wolfang

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: June 26, 2013, 11:20:03 AM »
Fun, opportunity, action and interaction  ;) I think what most are looking for when deciding where to create a new character.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #33: June 26, 2013, 10:14:47 PM »
Err, they're all over-selling their realms. Because they think another warm body is going to help them "win". Reminds me of a farmer's market in Beijing, really.  ::)

No offense to you, as I'm sure you're a great player.

I'm actually interested in knowing what you're specifically looking for, not recruiting another noble so that I can "win" BattleMaster.

Who said we're trying to win Battlemaster? I provided several realms that were interesting, several of which aren't even my own. Dwilight is going down into an orgy of warfare since Niselur just broke their federation with the Theocracies.

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: June 26, 2013, 11:27:50 PM »
I find people who accuse others of trying to win BM are just grouchy about their status quo being upset.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: June 26, 2013, 11:57:43 PM »
Join Phantaria!

We're small! But angry! And angsty!

We're involved in what looks like Dwilight's largest war ever!

Yeah!
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: June 27, 2013, 06:00:33 AM »
Fun, opportunity, action and interaction  ;) I think what most are looking for when deciding where to create a new character.

So, basically, "I want my cake and eat it too". I believe you're setting the bar too high. If such a realm exists, there would be an entire subforum singing its praises 24/7.

Often times these criteria work against each other.

A fun realm will have lots of ambitious, competent young nobles. Your noble will have to compete against two or three of them for any position that opens up, assuming that the older, equally ambitious and competent nobles let one of these positions slip out of their hands in the first place. So that will hurt your "opportunity" criteria. On the other hand, realms that hand your noble a lordship just for showing up, are mostly ghost towns. If "having a pulse" qualifies your noble to a lordship, then don't expect the other lords to be capable of much more than breathing.

An action-oriented realm will have a war close to its border. In other words, your noble are going to be fighting against neighbors. Most of the interaction will be negative ones, in other words, insults shouted across the trench lines, assuming that your Marshal doesn't tell you to shut up and show proper decorum to the enemy scum that just torched your region. On the other hand, the realms with the best RP, at least in my experience, are geographically isolated realms that hardly ever fights. They have good RP because it's their only way to attract players, and good writers get promoted and rewarded instead of the good strategists and tacticians.

Yes, I'm no fun. :)

So think really hard about what you really want. Because you can't have everything, and if you join a realm expecting perfection, you're just setting yourself up for disappointment.
------
qui audet vincit

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: June 27, 2013, 06:07:09 AM »
I find Luria Nova to be a fun realm and it continually has lordships available. We haven't had a lordship *not* available in at least a month, if not two. So you can find fun and opportunity. I'm sure its not the only realm that people find fun and still has positions easily available. Thalmarkin/Ar Agyr is probably one of those areas. In fact, Thalmarkin/Ar Agyr will probably have roleplay and battles for some time, even if they're between wars currently.

Sarwell

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: June 28, 2013, 06:01:29 PM »
Anything on Dwilight is a good bet for realms to join. If you like to fight. Which, given the name of the game, you should.

The northern Far East is also pretty violent right now, but it's a bit more of a curbstomp.
Sarwell Family - Alna (Phantaria), Rosnan (Ohnar West), Julian (Strombran)
New female characters start with an extra 10% skill in cooking and in cleaning.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39: June 30, 2013, 04:09:42 PM »
Perhaps this off-topic discussion should be split to another topic?
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

T Strike

• Noble Lord
  • What happened?
    • View Profile
« Reply #40: June 30, 2013, 07:43:30 PM »
Or everyone could join Astrum.:P
Westmoor: Cross... Coria: Yenom... Caelum: Gawain... Astrum: Ekirt

Miriam Ics

• Testers
  • Noble Lord
  • Myrnia (EC) Mattias Cat (BT) Luarin Ariana (DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #41: July 14, 2013, 07:02:59 PM »
We are always enemies eh Thunder? :)
"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces."

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #42: July 14, 2013, 07:04:07 PM »
You can blame your King for that ;)