Author Topic: Great Dwilight War:Astrum defeats Asylon and Farronite forces.  (Read 258480 times)

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Dwilight Continental War I
« Reply #15: June 26, 2013, 08:54:08 PM »
I would describe Luria as a realm filled with nobles that each have their own "plan". Plans have joined and split in the past but under Alice Luria Nova at least appears rather united; perhaps now plans are on the same line which causes this momentum for Luria.

Then again I'm still rather new to understand what Luria Nova is, and there are many players vocal on the forum who have plenty of Lurian experience. I'd love to hear them describe Luria.

Oh and as Luria's general, I welcome D'Hara to attempt a landing.  8)
Ardet nec consumitur.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: June 26, 2013, 08:55:22 PM »
How about:
Great Dwilight War I

Drop the number. There is no reason to number it until there is a second one.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Sarwell

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: June 26, 2013, 08:57:11 PM »
I think it qualifies as a "world war" if the real-world World War I did. Let's be honest, that was mostly just Europe's continental war, but it got the "World" title. And "continental war" just sounds bad.
Sarwell Family - Alna (Phantaria), Rosnan (Ohnar West), Julian (Strombran)
New female characters start with an extra 10% skill in cooking and in cleaning.

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: June 26, 2013, 08:58:26 PM »
I think it qualifies as a "world war" if the real-world World War I did. Let's be honest, that was mostly just Europe's continental war, but it got the "World" title. And "continental war" just sounds bad.

Are you implying that other continents matter? Heresy! I smell rebellious colonies.
Ardet nec consumitur.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: June 26, 2013, 08:59:21 PM »
Drop the number. There is no reason to number it until there is a second one.

Exactly. I like the name, though - for OOC usage. There's no reason for our characters to assume this is a Great War just yet :)

Also thanks for sharing the messages from the Ruler channel, as I didn't read them before. Maybe this thread could keep on providing such information? Also the newspaper format, that has largely died out on the Wiki I believe, might be an interesting take on the thing..

Frostwood

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: June 26, 2013, 09:09:14 PM »
Exactly. I like the name, though - for OOC usage. There's no reason for our characters to assume this is a Great War just yet :)

Also thanks for sharing the messages from the Ruler channel, as I didn't read them before. Maybe this thread could keep on providing such information? Also the newspaper format, that has largely died out on the Wiki I believe, might be an interesting take on the thing..
As long as King Leopold keeps posting ruler channel messages, which he usually does to keep the realm informed and active.  I would prefer all game messages to be in code to prevent them from taking up pages and pages.
Characters:Lain Frostwood, Ghostfire Frostwood, Talia(commoner)

Wolfang

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Dwilight War
« Reply #21: June 26, 2013, 09:13:30 PM »
You should also drop the 'Dwilight' part in the name, as this goes without saying.

Barca could be described as a frontier realm, with a large population of young new nobles and a core of older players whom have been part of the realm since the start. The realm is poor and used to hardship, but from this Barca has only grown stronger and stronger.

Maybe Julius or Bael could post what they think.

What are 'ruler channel' messages?

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: June 26, 2013, 09:15:25 PM »
Terran: The formation of the Theocracy of Terran was one of the key incidents which lead to the war. The realm of Terran was ravaged by invasion from Aurvandil. Its capital was besieged for weeks. In response the realms of Phantaria and Saffalore became independent realms to avoid similar devastation. In the aftermath Hireshmont II Vellos attempted to save Terran's one remaining duchy by reforming it as a theocracy and begging the aid of the Astrocrasies. Though it was a hotly debated issue ultimately the Regent and Prophet of Sanguis Astroism decided to call a crusade in the defense of Terran. Although King Leopold of Niselur remained silent during the debate he renounced the crusade once it was called and claimed his realm would not participate. He would later contradict Prophet Mathurin himself by claiming the conflict was not holy. The council was outraged and began discussing punishments for Leopold's act of impiety. Leopold would ultimately claim this incident as a major motivation for his betrayal of the Northern Astroist Federation. Meanwhile hostilities between Terran and its neighbors continued to simmer. Military leaders expect a joint Phantarian and Farronite invasion in the near future.

Dishman

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: June 26, 2013, 09:23:25 PM »
So, lets armchair general on this Great War: These are the available numbers

Magna Saecularibus Alliance:132,791 CS/49938 gold

Niselur-20,528 CS/9701 gold
Phantaria-12,124 CS/2460 gold
Asylon-22,128 CS/9707 gold
Libero Empire-17,160 CS/4504 gold
Farronite Republic-19,149 CS/5820 gold
Luria Nova-41,702 CS/17746 gold

Bloodstar Alliance 145616 CS/49988 gold
Astrum-56,313 CS/15480 gold
Morek Empire-42,968 CS/15385 gold
D'Hara-23,757 CS/9385 gold
Corsanctum-15,980 CS/7956 gold
Terran-6,598 CS/1782 gold

Neutrals 79935 CS/21994 gold
Swordfell-7,415/5291 gold
Barca-14,260/4908 gold
Aurvandil-27,068/5323 gold
Grand Duchy of Fissoa-25,092/6472 gold

So if we look at what capitals are nearest each other, we can group together potential conflicts:

Luria Stage
Luria-D'Hara-Swordfell-Fissoa-Aurvandil

Libero Stage
Libero-Morek-Astrum-Corsanctum-Nisular

Nisular Stage
Nisular-Astrum-Farronite-Asylon

Phantaria Stage
Phantaria-Terran-Asylon-Farronite-D'Hara-Barca-Aurvandil
Eoric the Dim (Perdan), Enoch the Bright (Asylon), Emeric the Dark (Obsidian Islands)

Orobos, The Insatiable Snake (Sandalak)

Arrakis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: June 26, 2013, 09:25:51 PM »
It is Niselur, not Nisular.
Gregorian (Eponllyn), Baudouin (Cathay), Thaddeus (Cathay), Leopold (Niselur)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: June 26, 2013, 09:26:33 PM »
The reality is that Corsanctum will probably aid Astrum throughout the conflict. Morek can handle anything coming its way with ease. Astrum on the other hand has some real strategic problems right now.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: June 26, 2013, 09:29:56 PM »
It is Niselur, not Nisular.

Moar name fights!!!

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: June 26, 2013, 09:32:38 PM »
Are we sure D'Hara is on the Astroist side?

Frostwood

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: June 26, 2013, 09:36:13 PM »
Terran: The formation of the Theocracy of Terran was one of the key incidents which lead to the war. The realm of Terran was ravaged by invasion from Aurvandil. Its capital was besieged for weeks. In response the realms of Phantaria and Saffalore became independent realms to avoid similar devastation. In the aftermath Hireshmont II Vellos attempted to save Terran's one remaining duchy by reforming it as a theocracy and begging the aid of the Astrocrasies. Though it was a hotly debated issue ultimately the Regent and Prophet of Sanguis Astroism decided to call a crusade in the defense of Terran. Although King Leopold of Niselur remained silent during the debate he renounced the crusade once it was called and claimed his realm would not participate. He would later contradict Prophet Mathurin himself by claiming the conflict was not holy. The council was outraged and began discussing punishments for Leopold's act of impiety. Leopold would ultimately claim this incident as a major motivation for his betrayal of the Northern Astroist Federation. Meanwhile hostilities between Terran and its neighbors continued to simmer. Military leaders expect a joint Phantarian and Farronite invasion in the near future.
Could you reduce the size somewhat, I wanted soundbites.  Terran, Luria Nova, and Barca descriptions have been added. 

Ruler channel is like the realm channel, but for rulers, as I am not a ruler, I don't know much about it.

Dishman number breakdowns will be added.  Looks like we are pretty evenly matched on the surface.

For now I assume so, unless D'Hara gathers the neutrals into its own alliance.  If any D'Harians object I will put them to netural status.
Characters:Lain Frostwood, Ghostfire Frostwood, Talia(commoner)

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: June 26, 2013, 09:36:21 PM »

Very well may happen, but it's definitely premature to list them already.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)