Author Topic: Great Dwilight War:Astrum defeats Asylon and Farronite forces.  (Read 258413 times)

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Dwilight War
« Reply #30: June 26, 2013, 09:38:20 PM »
Also are Asylon and Farronite republics officially siding with Leopold. I know we were all expecting it but I hadn't seen a confirmation yet.

Frostwood

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: June 26, 2013, 09:42:38 PM »
Also are Asylon and Farronite republics officially siding with Leopold. I know we were all expecting it but I hadn't seen a confirmation yet.
King Leopold has been cultivating close relations with Asylon for some time.  You could say that we are best friends right now.

Farronite Republic's allegiance could change based on who's elected.  But I am not quite informed of their internal politics.
Characters:Lain Frostwood, Ghostfire Frostwood, Talia(commoner)

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: June 26, 2013, 09:44:23 PM »
Yeah Khari likes to be cryptic.

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
Re: Dwilight Continental War I
« Reply #33: June 26, 2013, 10:14:21 PM »
So, lets armchair general on this Great War: These are the available numbers

Magna Saecularibus Alliance:132,791 CS/49938 gold

Niselur-20,528 CS/9701 gold
Phantaria-12,124 CS/2460 gold
Asylon-22,128 CS/9707 gold
Libero Empire-17,160 CS/4504 gold
Farronite Republic-19,149 CS/5820 gold
Luria Nova-41,702 CS/17746 gold

Bloodstar Alliance 145616 CS/49988 gold
Astrum-56,313 CS/15480 gold
Morek Empire-42,968 CS/15385 gold
D'Hara-23,757 CS/9385 gold
Corsanctum-15,980 CS/7956 gold
Terran-6,598 CS/1782 gold

So if we look at what capitals are nearest each other, we can group together potential conflicts:

Luria Stage
Luria-D'Hara-Swordfell-Fissoa-Aurvandil

Umm, does D'Hara know about this? Also, The likelihood of a D'Hara-FR throwdown is exactly zilch.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 10:16:19 PM by JeVondair »
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Wolfang

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: June 26, 2013, 10:18:21 PM »
The war does not seem to have two clear-cut sides, but rather, several separate theaters of war.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: June 26, 2013, 10:19:26 PM »
Must every war be the 'great' war? If BM keeps insisting on naming every war as 'great' then none can truly be judged as great. I can only count one 'great' war and that was the EC war that raged from 2004 to 2007, saw multiple realm deaths, the birth of new realms (some of which died along the way), repeated rebellions to switch sides, various intrigues, and was truly great.

Not to mention 'great' is such a bland adjective. Wars' names are best chosen in hindsight anyway, when the historians analyze them.

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: June 26, 2013, 10:22:18 PM »
The war does not seem to have two clear-cut sides, but rather, several separate theaters of war.

I agree that it's split into several theaters but I disagree that you can't divide it into two sides. Just about every power has forged an alliance with Leopold or with the Astrocracies. Again it's not so different from WWI with the Allied and Central powers broken in to different theaters of war with their own prerogatives and agendas.

Must every war be the 'great' war? If BM keeps insisting on naming every war as 'great' then none can truly be judged as great. I can only count one 'great' war and that was the EC war that raged from 2004 to 2007, saw multiple realm deaths, the birth of new realms (some of which died along the way), repeated rebellions to switch sides, various intrigues, and was truly great.

Not to mention 'great' is such a bland adjective. Wars' names are best chosen in hindsight anyway, when the historians analyze them.

Yeah "great" is a little bland at least by itself it is. There doesn't need to be one name for the war, It's often the case that a name is chosen after the fact and in many cases wars never have one name. For example Japan considers World War II the final stage of "The Imperial Wars".

For the Astroist powers I'd suggest a few names all of which have heavy propaganda purposes of course:

The Final Crusade
The Holy War
The War for the Blood Stars
The War of (Heathen/Heretic/Apostate) Aggression
The War for the Faith of Dwilight

For more politically neutral terms:

The Pan Continental War
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 10:30:04 PM by pcw27 »

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #37: June 26, 2013, 10:22:42 PM »

War of the Maddening Star?

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: June 26, 2013, 10:28:56 PM »
I say again: Star War. And since the whole thing will be several smaller conflicts across Dwilight: Star Wars.

Frostwood

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #39: June 26, 2013, 10:34:16 PM »

I agree, the name is just a place holder until stuff happens that defines this war.   Plus as people can see I am bad at naming stuff.
Characters:Lain Frostwood, Ghostfire Frostwood, Talia(commoner)

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #40: June 26, 2013, 10:37:41 PM »
War of the Maddening Star?

That would be good but it's actually the Austere that's bright.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #41: June 27, 2013, 12:14:55 AM »
Ruler channel is like the realm channel, but for rulers, as I am not a ruler, I don't know much about it.

Rulers get all messages directed to the 'send to all rulers' channel. That's it basically, plus a whole lot of secret stuff :)

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #42: June 27, 2013, 01:58:06 AM »
That would be good but it's actually the Austere that's bright.

And the Austere Light that was arrested by a D'hara duke.

sharkattack

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #43: June 27, 2013, 02:10:53 AM »
So Astrum+Morek gonna faceroll everyone up North with their 40k+ cs armies?

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #44: June 27, 2013, 02:14:24 AM »
So Astrum+Morek gonna faceroll everyone up North with their 40k+ cs armies?

While there is always room for surprises, that does seem to be a very valid prediction. Especially for Morek. How Long would it take Luria Nova to march an army North? How likely is it that they will be able to strongarm their way through Swordfell (Who, btw, is placed in a most unenviable position between the two)?