Author Topic: Great Dwilight War:Astrum defeats Asylon and Farronite forces.  (Read 264798 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Are you guys not so keen on the merger/annexation/"surrender"/whatever? Is it just Pierre's plan for the most part?

You overestimate how much we value these regions.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
What do you mean by "he still has it officially"? On the Dwilight realms listing, is Leopold listed as the ruler?
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Daimall

• Knight
    • View Profile
Yes he still is listed as the ruler of Niselur.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Oh. Ok. Would have been a bummer for him to lose the throne in the first real battle of the war.

The way some were talking, with a "regent", it sounded like a placeholder thing. Since we currently have a placeholder magistrates case going, that wouldn't have been good.

Sarwell

• Knight
    • View Profile
You overestimate how much we value these regions.

I'm sure I do. One realm's trash is another realm's treasure, though.
Sarwell Family - Alna (Phantaria), Rosnan (Ohnar West), Julian (Strombran)
New female characters start with an extra 10% skill in cooking and in cleaning.

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
I'm sure I do. One realm's trash is another realm's treasure, though.

Hardly trash, just not ours.
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Frostwood

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Oh. Ok. Would have been a bummer for him to lose the throne in the first real battle of the war.

The way some were talking, with a "regent", it sounded like a placeholder thing. Since we currently have a placeholder magistrates case going, that wouldn't have been good.
It's more like a second-in command thing, or Marshal thing, like where a general is captured, the next in line leads till he is freed,  there is no title changes or placeholders or anything, its just the council taking charge in his absence, since we need to recover from our losses and there are questions like: Where do I get my monies to replace the troops I lost?  What do we do next? ect...

Plus its doubtful that situation will come up as King Leopold is a hero, and a cavalry commander to boot, so he is the first to go into battle, so there is a good likelihood that he may not survive this war, as we are facing a larger army, and are unable to link up with our allies, so we have to face the brunt of Astrum's army as long as possible.

With the dangers of this conflict in mind, it is practical to have someone in mind if King Leopold falls, otherwise our next king may be....
King Kas Mayhem
Characters:Lain Frostwood, Ghostfire Frostwood, Talia(commoner)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Plus its doubtful that situation will come up as King Leopold is a hero, and a cavalry commander to boot, so he is the first to go into battle, so there is a good likelihood that he may not survive this war, as we are facing a larger army, and are unable to link up with our allies, so we have to face the brunt of Astrum's army as long as possible.

In my experience, heroes tend to come in two categories: Those who die immediately, and those who live for decades. If he survives a coupe more battles, he'll probably go the distance. Although, the RNG likes to be devious and cruel. He'll probably die in the next-to-last battle. :p

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Or killed in a minor monster clean-up in between campaign.

He could always go for the Thorson approach: Swear to kill a particular noble even if it takes forever, then subsequently die the next turn.

Zakilevo

Damn RNG. Overlord wounded me over and over but my character survived all that. Would dying in a duel as a hero be considered as a heroic death?

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
King Kas Mayhem

Oh please, please, PLEASE do this.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Daimall

• Knight
    • View Profile
With the dangers of this conflict in mind, it is practical to have someone in mind if King Leopold falls, otherwise our next king may be....
King Kas Mayhem

Well, that is if Kas can get the majority to of Niselur to vote for him, if he runs for the position in the event of that happening. As I do not hear him speak much in the realm, I don't think its likely he would be able to garner the votes necessary to beat whatever challenger may appear.

Frostwood

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Oh please, please, PLEASE do this.
I think if we did, the alliance would suddenly break apart, and Niselur would break into three pieces.  Oh and the Zuma would attack us :)
Well, that is if Kas can get the majority to of Niselur to vote for him, if he runs for the position in the event of that happening. As I do not hear him speak much in the realm, I don't think its likely he would be able to garner the votes necessary to beat whatever challenger may appear.
Heh, it was a joke, my character has already been on the receiving end of one of his crazy spurts.  He did run for Banker, but no one voted for him for some reason.  The Banker we have is super competent, and we have had no food problems during winter.
You guys forget that Karibash's unit of 149 men, 21% of the Astrumese infantry, left after suffering ~40 casualties determined to hunt after King Leopold.

It was explained in my rp that got cut off and which i didn't save. But don't worry, retreat rate is at 80% now so they'll fight to the last man.
At least this war has brought a lot of nobles out of hibernation, and brought the eternal north peace to an end.  King Leopold will be remembered for this at least.
I found it weird that despite being these bloodthirsty warriors in your rp, your unit retreated so easily.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 06:16:38 AM by Frostwood »

Daimall

• Knight
    • View Profile
He did run for Banker, but no one voted for him for some reason.  The Banker we have is super competent, and we have had no food problems during winter.

I think Kas withdrew after awhile. After all, it is Qadan's given mandate apparently that he shall always be the Banker and a Duke of Iashalur/Niselur, even after he sided with Turin against Leopold during the revolt, lol. It will feel somewhat weird not having him as banker. :)

Frostwood

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
I think Kas withdrew after awhile. After all, it is Qadan's given mandate apparently that he shall always be the Banker and a Duke of Iashalur/Niselur, even after he sided with Turin against Leopold during the revolt, lol. It will feel somewhat weird not having him as banker. :)
I guess a good banker is worth the weight in gold.  I haven't seen what a bad banker can do.  If any other realm knew how good he is, then they would want him for themselves.