Author Topic: Great Dwilight War:Astrum defeats Asylon and Farronite forces.  (Read 258424 times)

Frostwood

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
A thread to discuss the World War that is breaking out on Dwilight.  It may seem dramatic, but I think the name is appropriate, unless someone has a better name.

If anyone wants to write a description of their realm and why they are joining/supporting post or message hear and I will update it. 

Note that some of these descriptions may be a little biased.

Magna Saecularibus Alliance:

Niselur:A reborn realm that is still wild and untamed.  Led by King Leopold and his loyal, but free-speaking nobles, this realm has become the lightning rod of the current conflict.  Started this conflict due to the appearance of corruption between the elder council and the decision to become a monarchy. This conflict will either define its identity or it will be destroyed.

Phantaria

Asylon:A savage realm with religious freedom, allowing any faith to be practiced within its border and defend the faithfulls right to do so, the home of the Bloodmoon Cult and known for its "odd" ways that seem very strange to non-Asylonians. A realm lead by King Grimrog and his council that with their elective Monarchy has shaped an old small colony into a mighty bear, awoken from slumber to reclaim territories lost. Warpainted Berserkers, Spearwielding Savages, Mounted Knights and Rough Rangers makes up Asylons army, a horde with little discipline known for raiding and hit and run tactics.

Libero Empire
Farronite Republic
Luria Nova:A realm filled with nobles that each have their own "plan". Plans have joined and split in the past but under Alice Luria Nova at least appears rather united; perhaps now plans are on the same line which causes this momentum for Luria.

Bloodstar Alliance

Astrum
Morek Empire
Corsanctum
Terran The formation of the Theocracy of Terran was one of the key incidents which lead to the war. The realm of Terran was ravaged by invasion from Aurvandil. Its capital was besieged for weeks. In response the realms of Phantaria and Saffalore became independent realms to avoid similar devastation. In the aftermath Hireshmont II Vellos attempted to save Terran's one remaining duchy by reforming it as a theocracy and begging the aid of the Astrocrasies. Though it was a hotly debated issue ultimately the Regent and Prophet of Sanguis Astroism decided to call a crusade in the defense of Terran. Although King Leopold of Niselur remained silent during the debate he renounced the crusade once it was called and claimed his realm would not participate. He would later contradict Prophet Mathurin himself by claiming the conflict was not holy. The council was outraged and began discussing punishments for Leopold's act of impiety. Leopold would ultimately claim this incident as a major motivation for his betrayal of the Northern Astroist Federation. Meanwhile hostilities between Terran and its neighbors continued to simmer. Military leaders expect a joint Phantarian and Farronite invasion in the near future.

Neutrals
D'Hara
Swordfell
Barca:a frontier realm, with a large population of young new nobles and a core of older players whom have been part of the realm since the start. The realm is poor and used to hardship, but from this Barca has only grown stronger and stronger.
Aurvandil
Saffalore
Grand Duchy of Fissoa

If there is any inaccuracies let me know and I will correct them.

Current news: Niselur captures Zereth.

Magna Saecularibus Alliance:132,791 CS/49938 gold

Niselur-20,528 CS/9701 gold
Phantaria-12,124 CS/2460 gold
Asylon-22,128 CS/9707 gold
Libero Empire-17,160 CS/4504 gold
Farronite Republic-19,149 CS/5820 gold
Luria Nova-41,702 CS/17746 gold

Bloodstar Alliance 145616 CS/49988 gold
Astrum-56,313 CS/15480 gold
Morek Empire-42,968 CS/15385 gold
D'Hara-23,757 CS/9385 gold
Corsanctum-15,980 CS/7956 gold
Terran-6,598 CS/1782 gold

Neutrals 79935 CS/21994 gold
Swordfell-7,415/5291 gold
Barca-14,260/4908 gold
Aurvandil-27,068/5323 gold
Grand Duchy of Fissoa-25,092/6472 gold
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 08:54:46 PM by Frostwood »
Characters:Lain Frostwood, Ghostfire Frostwood, Talia(commoner)

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Dwilight World War I
« Reply #1: June 26, 2013, 08:20:34 PM »
Loving the idea of the thread!
Ardet nec consumitur.

Wolfang

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: June 26, 2013, 08:27:38 PM »
Great topic Frostwood :)

Daimall

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: June 26, 2013, 08:29:08 PM »
Isn't technically a Continental war? Last I check Dwilight did not encompass the whole of Battlemaster's existence.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: June 26, 2013, 08:29:57 PM »
Isn't technically a Continental war? Last I check Dwilight did not encompass the whole of Battlemaster's existence.

Good point.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Wolfang

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: June 26, 2013, 08:32:12 PM »
The Continental War sounds ok I guess.

Frostwood

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: June 26, 2013, 08:35:00 PM »
Good point.
Stop destroying the drama :) Continental War doesn't sound as good, and names are everything.

Like for instance Veal-it would be a lot less popular if we started calling it baby cow.

Current news:Alliances are being rewritten and wars are breaking out at a dizzying rate.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: June 26, 2013, 08:37:59 PM »
Mmmmm... baby cow..

Wolfang

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: June 26, 2013, 08:38:28 PM »
Maybe you can put a mini-flag beside the name of each realm.  :D

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: June 26, 2013, 08:38:57 PM »
I would prefer Continental War as well. It's irrational and perhaps indefensible, but I feel WWI is disrespectful.

Edit: disregard. Saw it was changed :)

Also, CW is indeed kind of long. How about The First Great War? First War of Dwilight? Or perhaps we should wait until something actually happens before naming anything.. our characters can't really be talking of DCW1, can they?

Edit 2: disregard. Issue addressed below :P
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 08:48:27 PM by Shizzle »

Daimall

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Dwilight Continental War I
« Reply #10: June 26, 2013, 08:44:45 PM »
If we really must go with grandiose names, we could always just call it, the Great War like what the people used to call WWI back then (before WWII broke out).

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: June 26, 2013, 08:47:14 PM »
Continental War for now, and then we'll see if any IC, IG name garners common use. Likely different names being used for by both sides of the conflict.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: June 26, 2013, 08:47:54 PM »
The Star War.

Frostwood

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: June 26, 2013, 08:48:36 PM »
I would prefer Continental War as well. It's irrational and perhaps indefensible, but I feel WWI is disrespectful.
It seems that public opinion is against me, so I will change it.

I will post public ruler messages for those realms that rulers do not communicate with nobles often and those nobles who are from outside Dwilight looking for realms to join.

I do so, because when I joined BM as a new player I looked through forum and wiki threads to see what realm would be interesting, and which would support the way I wanted my characters to go.

Code: [Select]
Letter from Leopold Arrakis   (1 hour, 34 minutes ago)
Message sent to the Rulers of Dwilight (15 recipients)
Rulers of the world,

On this day, the Kingdom of Niselur rises to meet the challenge of the theocracies. The failure of any of these to acknowledge the rightful Niselurian proclamation of a monarchy and a preparation of a crusade against my Kingdom has alienated our relations to a point of war. The continuing support of the theocracies for the craven politics of the Church Elders, failure to muster courage to defy the chains of artificialities of the Charter, bullying and oppression are the charges I put forward against my enemies. From the perspective of the monarchic government of Niselur, this is a dangerous position we find ourselves in and as such we are compelled to act.

Leopold Arrakis
King of Niselur

Letter from Kale Perth   (1 hour, 14 minutes ago)
Rulers of Dwilight,

The Grand Principality of Phantaria has suffered from the same opportunistic, lack of apolitical attitude from the Church of Sanguis Astroism. Thus, the Grand Principality sees King Leopold of Niselur acting in our interests and we have diplomatically aligned ourselves with him to reflect that.

Furthermore, we shall immediately take action against Alaster Kabrinski in Terran who has made it well known that he does not respect nor recognize the Phantaro-Theocratic Accord. He has jeopardized the peace between our realms as well as refused to recognize the benefits granted to the Grand Principality under the said Accord. Thus, we shall now refuse to recognize the benefits granted unto Alaster Kabrinski and his Theocracy under the said Accord and shall resume the war against them.

Kale Perth
Grand Prince of Phantaria

Letter from Eviera Lanze   (36 minutes ago)
Rulers of Dwilight,

Though I have shared some brief discussions of peace with King Veles and find him to be an honorable man, the reasons for the Morek Empire's war with the Libero Empire are too many to count.

1) Relations between our realms have soured steadily so since long before I became Grandmistress.
2) Though King Veles has been quick to resolve the many transgressions between Libero Troops in Morek Lands, the fact is that these transgressions have continued for far too long and the nobles of the Morek Empire have been demanding punishment for a great length of time.
3) Niselur has allegiance with various realms recently indicate that Niselur intends to corner off and surround the Morek Empire and her allies.  War would only be a pre-emptive measure of defense on Morek's part.
4) The Libero Empire is a vassal state of Niselur.  Niselur declared war on the Morek Empire and her allies, so by default, Morek's official declaration of war against the Libero Empire is at hand.

The Morek Empire will not be contained or repressed, though attempts to seek peaceful resolutions have been attempted, it seems only myself and King Veles made any honest efforts to obtain it.
I am deeply saddened that this will undoubtedly stain my relationship with the good King Veles, but it is unfortunately an inevitability at this time.
So, there are my reasons for the war, though I am sure plenty of you will find your own truth/excuses for it regardless.

Eviera Lanze
Grandmistress of Morek Empire

Letter from Alice Arundel   (just in)
Rulers of Dwilight,

Luria Nova, being an ally of Niselur's, hereby declares war against the Morek Empire and her allies. Formal declarations will be issued over the next few days.

Beyond supporting our ally in the northwest, Luria is fed up with Morek's attempts to curb the former's development and prosperity in Lower Toprak. It seems more than apparent that Morek is the continent's bully, and now her victims rise up against her.

Let there be justice in the name of the stars.

For the Golden Eagle,

Alice Arundel
Queen of Luria Nova
Royal of Luria Nova
Duchess of Giask
Viscountess of Herle

Frostwood

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: June 26, 2013, 08:51:35 PM »
How about:
Great Dwilight War I