Author Topic: Great Dwilight War:Astrum defeats Asylon and Farronite forces.  (Read 264848 times)

Daimall

• Knight
    • View Profile
Golden Rider (30) score 4144 hits on Sword of the Stars (18)

Pretty sure Leopold's charge was better and slightly more important.  :P

Zakilevo

Damn you Leopold!!!

How well trained is his unit? Mine are refresh recruits :(

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
On Niselur side, mostly the new guys got wounded, but I don't think most of it were serious.

In the end only the archers from Asturm remained standing in the field, but most likely they won't be able to capitalize on this victory other then perhaps burn down some fields before having to retreat back to Asturm I think, lest they get pounced on by Niselur in perhaps a more "equal" battle.

Except for the part where Leopold got wounded?  ::)

We actually have a fairly large amount of CS remaining. I was surprised to see how much. Even though we suffered almost as many casualties as Niselur, I suspect that we had fewer killed than they did; their overall numbers are way lower than ours now.

Zakilevo

We actually have a fairly large amount of CS remaining. I was surprised to see how much. Even though we suffered almost as many casualties as Niselur, I suspect that we had fewer killed than they did; their overall numbers are way lower than ours now.

I am going to do a quick analysis once I have time to do one.

Sarwell

• Knight
    • View Profile
The armies of Phantaria and the Farronite Republic marched on the now-D'Haran region of Saffalore expecting a battle with the Terranese forces, but mysteriously hostilities were averted for the time being.
Sarwell Family - Alna (Phantaria), Rosnan (Ohnar West), Julian (Strombran)
New female characters start with an extra 10% skill in cooking and in cleaning.

Frostwood

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile

The Astrum archer fire was deadly.  For some reason, my unit decided to target Brance Indrick, who then was crushed by King Leopold's charge.
Characters:Lain Frostwood, Ghostfire Frostwood, Talia(commoner)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Great. Thanks for the special attention. :(
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Daimall

• Knight
    • View Profile
Well I did mentioned that both leaders of Niselur and Asturm got wounded and I probably would of not brought up Brance again if Zaki didn't decided he wanted to tout his one hit knockout charge against a unit about half his size.  :P

Anyways, I get the feeling if we had our MI join the forward fighting, the front might of been able to hold longer, but either way I think the chief reason why Astrum won was that not only they had slightly more nobles, but that the Asturmese nobles are more experience and could lead more men under them then most of newer nobles which dominate the make up of Niselur's force in that fight.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
I think Sergio had the best hit:

Cantabricus Impetus (4) score 4594 hits on Niselurian Hexplosive Company (35).

Someone just lot a damned expensive unit of SF. 59 men, 1400 CS, in a single round.

I wonder how quickly Niselur can recover from losing their entire army? That has to hurt. A lot of expensive SF and cavalry. Astrum/Corsanctum still had over 500 soldiers on the field when the battle was done.

BTW - I hate unique items. Damned near every time I get wounded in battle, I lose one. What's the point of having a unique item if every time you get in battle, you lose the stupid things?
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Zakilevo

I think Sergio had the best hit:

Cantabricus Impetus (4) score 4594 hits on Niselurian Hexplosive Company (35).

Someone just lot a damned expensive unit of SF. 59 men, 1400 CS, in a single round.

I wonder how quickly Niselur can recover from losing their entire army? That has to hurt. A lot of expensive SF and cavalry. Astrum/Corsanctum still had over 500 soldiers on the field when the battle was done.

BTW - I hate unique items. Damned near every time I get wounded in battle, I lose one. What's the point of having a unique item if every time you get in battle, you lose the stupid things?

That is why you recruit range 5 SF unit and hide in the back ;)

And yes, Sergio got the highest hit, setting a new BM record. He beat the previous record by 62 hits. But I beat Sergio in terms of overall damage ;D
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 05:24:41 AM by Zaki »

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
I am also a hero and one time was left behind on a march and faced off aline against 15 Astrum nobles and their army and came out unscathed. I honestly thought that the 60+ year old would have died but I did not. So as legend goes in Asylon... I fought off the entire Astrum army alone !

At this point Turin's been critically wounded like five times. I almost never worry about dieing in a given battle.

Vonyx

• Freeman
    • View Profile
Impressive battle!

This war is getting more and more interesting!

Arrakis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
It was a great battle really. Too bad Leopold is wounded and his condition is deteriorating. Hopefully he heals soonish for based on this it depends how quickly can Niselur bounce back. Leopold has stashed away some gold for occasions like these, though, so gold shouldn't be an issue. He just needs to crawl back to the capital. :D Needless to say that battles like these, and adversity itself, is what defines the realm identity. Niselur was never threatened like this before and now it is put on a test. Will it fall down to desperation due to defeat, or will it emerge even greater than before and bring greater troops to war? Leopold knows exactly what to do to bring his Kingdom to feet again, for really, this isn't the first or the last battle of this sorts for me.

As for the battle itself, Niselur fought better than I thought it would. Church had, after all, 4k troops more,  but we've managed to wipe of their entire melee line leaving the archers alone to claim victory. Since Leopold is wounded, I can't really see for myself the aftermath of the battle, but I assume Astrum is fully equipped with healers that should restore a lot of their initial army. It was a well planned attack for the Church, but hey, I was expecting this as Zaki took over. ;) Nevertheless, I am pretty proud of Niselur's defense. A realm with 19 nobles gathering 16000 CS is a good achievement. After all, we did face the strongest realm on the continent and their lackeys from Corsanctum completely on our own.

Niselur played her cards the best she could in the opening of the war. Now is the time for our allies to do theirs. So far they have been lacking, in my opinion. I am eager to see Asylon and Farronite doing some real damage especially to Astrum. After all, Astrum is what it all boils down to. Terran is irrelevant and the fate of Dwilight will be decided in Astrumese-Niselurian front.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 12:21:44 PM by Arrakis »
Gregorian (Eponllyn), Baudouin (Cathay), Thaddeus (Cathay), Leopold (Niselur)

Arrakis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
On another note, the fact that Terran is dissolving and that Turin and Kabrinksi infant terrible are coming to Astrum to fight against Leopold is really cool. This is why we're playing for, after all, to participate in some relevant, character-driven stories that can change the history of Dwilight for forever. Battles and all are fine really, but unless you have some real hatred between two opposite sides the wars become bleak. From Leopold's perspective, Turin will surely stir !@#$ up and add that extra ingredient, for Leopold is now deadly set on ending that old feud once and for all. Epic battles ahead, epic times for Dwilight. Hopefully next encounters will go slightly more in Niselur's favor, though. ;)

Arrakis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Impressive battle!

This war is getting more and more interesting!

It does, especially if you consider that one of Leopold's objectives is a restoration of a Dalian Kingdom. Can't but notice your Summerdale banner there, so I couldn't resist.  :P