Author Topic: Great Dwilight War:Astrum defeats Asylon and Farronite forces.  (Read 260652 times)

Wolfsong

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • FutureMUD
There should be permadeath on Dwilight. I second that notion - but I doubt it'll ever happen. That said, I wouldn't mind realm power positions going permadeath. As for people complaining that people would stop being council members or bankers because of it... Why? It makes sense for a council member to stay behind and not go suicide charging the enemy ranks. If they want to play recklessly like that, they should be put in a position of danger. If they don't want to die, they should stay far from the front lines, or even stay back at home.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
There should be permadeath on Dwilight. I second that notion - but I doubt it'll ever happen. That said, I wouldn't mind realm power positions going permadeath. As for people complaining that people would stop being council members or bankers because of it... Why? It makes sense for a council member to stay behind and not go suicide charging the enemy ranks. If they want to play recklessly like that, they should be put in a position of danger. If they don't want to die, they should stay far from the front lines, or even stay back at home.

Well, it would certainly add a strong extra incentive to be the power behind the throne.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
What happened with the attack on Morek? My character has been wounded since the battle in Gaston Farms. :(
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
What happened with the attack on Morek? My character has been wounded since the battle in Gaston Farms. :(

Hireshmont just got assassinated in Demyansk. :P

He doesn't even have a meaningful office now; I dunno why he still keeps getting knifed.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Just a knifing? It sounded like they landed troops or something.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
Hireshmont just got assassinated in Demyansk. :P

He doesn't even have a meaningful office now; I dunno why he still keeps getting knifed.

Probably because you're a Vellos. That name is apparently becoming dangerous  ;D

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile

Huh? What do you mean?
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
Huh? What do you mean?

He asked about what's going on with the Lurian invasion of Morek. You responded with, "I got knifed in Demyansk."

Frostwood

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Luria Nova landed troops in Donghai and kicked butt, and have either begun a takeover, or put the region into flames or both.  If I was a betting person they intend to form a colony with the stabilizing effect of a certain priest/diplomat.

The Astrum army has move back to is capital for refit/regroup leaving Mo Gene and you in the middle of the Niselurian army.  One Astrumese was lone-wolf raiding and accidently moved into the Niselurian army and got curbstomped.  Another probably attempted to escape through the Corridor of Torment, but missed the message that the Zuma are guarding it for us, and found his escape route blocked, and probably had to crawl back through the mountains.
Characters:Lain Frostwood, Ghostfire Frostwood, Talia(commoner)

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
He asked about what's going on with the Lurian invasion of Morek. You responded with, "I got knifed in Demyansk."

He mentioned being out of touch and wounded; that's what I was commenting on.

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Sorry to dispel the rumors, but Luria Nova is not trying to colonize Morek. Things are about to change in the war though, so I urge everyone to hold on to their seats.
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
I've split off the strategic secession posts into a new thread:

http://forum.battlemaster.org/index.php/topic,4434.0.html

Daycryn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
The Lurian takeover attempt in Donghai failed after Morek defeated the invaders there, but not before an amount of looting, fortification damage, and some killing, raping and burning occurred. A force of Lurians subsequently attacked Caiyun, but were defeated.
Lokenth, Warrior of Arcaea, former Adventurer
Adamir, Lord of Luria Nova

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
A force of Lurians subsequently attacked Caiyun, but were defeated.

Whoa, that's ballsy. That's the one of the most sacred places in all of Sanguis Astroism, if not the most sacred place.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
Luria vacated Donghai, leaving Morek to attack stragglers. Caiyun was merely being travelled through by a singular unit in retreat and the poor choice of travel location was quickly condemned within luria.