Author Topic: Great Dwilight War:Astrum defeats Asylon and Farronite forces.  (Read 264910 times)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
Feylonis, how do you like fighting on Asylons side in this war? Get your story straight you swerve all over the place. You say I cannot attract people to a cause yet... My realm is in the top 4 for nobles in Dwilight. Not saying im the reason they all joined Asylon, but I might be a reason why they have stayed so long  8)

Ahem... Sorry our realm is 3rd largest noble count... Cough cough

Also would like to remind Feylonis and anyone else who cares that Feylonis is a person who betrayed her realm to join a realm that dissolved itself to form a realm that is now in an alliance with Asylon. Basically anything that comes out of her mouth is just hilarious and to be ignored.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 09:42:06 PM by Glaumring the Fox »
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
Whatever it is I have to admit that it is killing my buzz. This war has been triggered with the intent to revitalize the northern part of Dwilight many cheered for, but so far the players that heeded the call so to speak, have been but minor reinforcements on Astrum's side. Niselur, Asylon and FR got the amount of players that is not even worth mentioning. The expected scope of this war can never be truly reached as long as this few players want to participate in, on either side, regardless of how unbelievable it is to me that anyone would want to pick the side of Astrum in this war. It is a general community fail IMO.

I'm one of those "minor reinforcements." I came back because I'm quite attached to Astrum, and would prefer not to see it get blown up. After all, I had a significant hand in building it in the first place.

The fact is, there's not enough players to go around anymore. People who aren't invested in Dwilight aren't likely to leave islands they are invested in just to participate in this war; after all, there's plenty going on everywhere else. And people who are invested in Dwilight probably already have a character there, so that's that. The only exception is players like me who used to play on Dwilight but didn't anymore when the war started, and we are far more likely to be attached to (and thus return to) older realms like Morek and Astrum than wet-behind-the-ears upstarts like the Farronite Republic and the new-look Niselur. Players with no history on Dwilight just don't have any reason to hate Astrum, or like what you're doing in Niselur.

Tom has said that he now views opening Dwilight as a mistake, and much as I love the island I'm inclined to agree in retrospect. It's too big relative to the size of our current player base, and the lack of characters is absolutely robbing this war (and most other possible conflicts) of its potential. With so few characters, most of the realms involved can't really expand much, which greatly limits what can be accomplished by either side.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
Best mistake ever...

Wolfang

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Hopefully M&F will be a mistake similar to Dwilight  :P

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile

Tom has said that he now views opening Dwilight as a mistake, and much as I love the island I'm inclined to agree in retrospect. It's too big relative to the size of our current player base, and the lack of characters is absolutely robbing this war (and most other possible conflicts) of its potential. With so few characters, most of the realms involved can't really expand much, which greatly limits what can be accomplished by either side.

There's a pretty simple remedy to that, allow a second character. Unfortunately Tom has declared this a non-option. Maybe it would be effective to lower the character limit on Beluterra to only one noble. It makes sense canonically since much of the continent was destroyed and thus there just isn't as much space for people.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
There's a pretty simple remedy to that, allow a second character. Unfortunately Tom has declared this a non-option. Maybe it would be effective to lower the character limit on Beluterra to only one noble. It makes sense canonically since much of the continent was destroyed and thus there just isn't as much space for people.

Even if this results in the surge of new arrivals that people are expecting, those characters will have to come from somewhere else. You'll just spread the problem to other islands. I recommend following the Closing Islands ? thread in General Discussion.

http://forum.battlemaster.org/index.php/topic,4894.0.html

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
Oh god merge all *drool* that would be so wicked to have a huge world map of the other servers and could invade or be invaded. That way no one loses their old way of playing but gains so much more.

Frostwood

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
snip
We knew this would be risk.  We knew we would be facing the brunt of Astrum's armies, and that they had experienced generals.  We are a relatively new realm, who lacks flavour compared to the likes of Asylon.

There ways to increase our noble count and power, but they require great sacrifice.  Don't lose your ambition because we aren't getting the nobles we'd like.
Characters:Lain Frostwood, Ghostfire Frostwood, Talia(commoner)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
Niselur, Asylon, the Farronites and Phantaria... There we have plenty of nobles...

Arrakis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
The majority here didn't really understand my post. I am not complaining for Astrum gaining the upper hand in war or anything, but because really, they don't. It is a matter of numbers and geography and I am still quite confident that Astrum will be defeated, especially 'cause Leopold has some other plans that haven't yet been revealed. The problem is that any major plans require real people to make those plans happen. But since having a simple knight in a region is similar to finding a drop of water in the deserts this is really becoming a problem as most basic things like TOing a rural region take over a week to finish; again, the lack of players deems it no other way. It is slow, not fun and quite boring to play like that from my perspective. I do thank those that gave inspirational and also condemning posts, however, if you have any left of either do feel free to send it Leopold's way and not mine for my post was about something entirely different than bitching for in-game events.

Geronus' opinion came closest to my own. BM simply has no players left to spare, or Dwilight is not attractive enough. And yeah, I was not just hoping but also expecting that at least 10 nobles would join on each side of this war in the first few weeks. Obviously this was a gross miscalculation that I see now. However, BM always worked that way for such tense wars like this one is is a haven for the glory hunters which abound through BM universe. The latest example of Silnaria proves this formula still works, for due to good PR and the everlasting hatred for CE Silnaria has managed to gain impressive player reinforcements. I don't get it why Niselur didn't receive at least a tiny portion of that, for I believe the story is good and interesting and I am super sure that it has much more to offer than realms like Silnaria in both advancements and roleplay. In the end, it is quite same to me whether Niselur loses or wins, although normally I'd prefer to win. However, whichever way it goes I'd prefer it to be accompanied by much greater participation of many many more players than this.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 12:01:46 AM by Arrakis »
Gregorian (Eponllyn), Baudouin (Cathay), Thaddeus (Cathay), Leopold (Niselur)

Feylonis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Feylonis, how do you like fighting on Asylons side in this war? Get your story straight you swerve all over the place. You say I cannot attract people to a cause yet... My realm is in the top 4 for nobles in Dwilight. Not saying im the reason they all joined Asylon, but I might be a reason why they have stayed so long  8)

Ahem... Sorry our realm is 3rd largest noble count... Cough cough

Also would like to remind Feylonis and anyone else who cares that Feylonis is a person who betrayed her realm to join a realm that dissolved itself to form a realm that is now in an alliance with Asylon. Basically anything that comes out of her mouth is just hilarious and to be ignored.

What a classic example of ad hominem.

I'm also definitely not fighting for Asylon in this war. A huge chunk of Mech Derris' gold, for example, I keep out of the war effort by placing them in SA temples. I also have a notable amount of influence in FR and a few more tricks up my traitorous sleeve, enough to ensure that FR does not completely mobilize in the war ;)

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
I also have a notable amount of influence in FR and a few more tricks up my traitorous sleeve
In SA, we call 'em heroes.
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
What a classic example of ad hominem.

I'm also definitely not fighting for Asylon in this war. A huge chunk of Mech Derris' gold, for example, I keep out of the war effort by placing them in SA temples. I also have a notable amount of influence in FR and a few more tricks up my traitorous sleeve, enough to ensure that FR does not completely mobilize in the war ;)

Awesome.

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
In SA, we call 'em heroes.

You called people heroes for joining a realm that lasted like a month too.

Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Frostwood

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Phantaria takes Saffalore, it seems Phantaria is on the rise, with old players returning.  Aurvandil seems to be eaten up at a surprising rate.
Characters:Lain Frostwood, Ghostfire Frostwood, Talia(commoner)