Author Topic: Accusation of cheating with no proof  (Read 9156 times)

Anne

• Peasant
    • View Profile
Re: Accusation of cheating with no proof
« Reply #15: June 28, 2013, 09:34:39 AM »
Thanks for approving me Indirik. So yes, this accusation of cheating was a response of the playing of Corondor deleting his account. There was no other action or conversation made to provoke the accusation. And I fully agree that saying, 'someone report Corondor as a cheat account' is just another way of saying 'Corondor is a cheat account'. And he definitly has no proof of it, as he has just sent another OOC message:

Out-of-Character from Anakoi Ironhorse   (8 hours, 9 minutes ago)
Message sent to everyone in your realm (19 recipients)
Out-of-Character from Rose Ryder   (13 hours, 22 minutes ago)
Message sent to everyone in your realm (21 recipients)
Sorry, saying someone report corondor as a cheat account is not accusing someone of cheating? And you still have not said why you think he is a cheat account, or where your proof is

Anne-Marie Ruske

Anne, It is not my place to get information or proof as you put it, When you see something suspicious your suppose to report it to the GM, I was at work and could not due to time.

I have played this game for more than 8 years, I know suspecious when I see it..... I If give you all o the proof are you able to then lock all of the accounts? No thats for the GM to deal with

And here he is stating he has no proof. Just suspicion.  Also note his excuse of 'I cannot find the button' has changed to 'I did not have time'. I dont know whether this has any relevance.

DamnTaffer

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: June 28, 2013, 09:45:11 AM »
Aint no way he has been playing 8  years and not know where button is

Lavigna

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: June 28, 2013, 09:49:05 AM »
Someone who considers a player suspicious of cheating and brags about playing the game 8 years etc could write his own complain when he would have time.

There is no proof and in fact i do not like players making such statements in game in front of others when they do not bother themselves to fill the complain.

If he has proof let him bring it and we will look into it, if it's mere suspicion then he can always bring it in as a case and tell us from where this suspicion comes from so we can look into it, if he chooses to do neither then he better shut it.

Saying something like that in front of the realm can falsely "drag" other players in believing the same thing when there is nothing but suspicion.

It is almost like threatening with Titans. I believe the player deserves a warning in order to learn how to deal his "suspicions" in the game by using the appropriate game mechanics.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 09:56:03 AM by Lavigna »
Suck my socks! I kill for Darka! -KK-

^ban^

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • Le Genie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: June 28, 2013, 01:30:09 PM »
Funny how someone that's been "playing for 8 years" has an account created in 2011.
Born in Day they knew the Light; Rulers, prophets, servants, and warriors.
Life in Night that they walk; Gods, heretics, thieves, and murderers.
The Stefanovics live.

Lavigna

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: June 28, 2013, 02:23:22 PM »
Funny how someone that's been "playing for 8 years" has an account created in 2011.

well i play since 2003 but my current account is from 2009 :) i deleted my first one in 2008 . So this might be the case here as well
Suck my socks! I kill for Darka! -KK-

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #20: June 28, 2013, 07:19:38 PM »
Same with mine, I had an account for three years before my current one.

Scarlett

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: July 03, 2013, 04:55:58 PM »
His English is fine.

I wouldn't say it's fine. It's serviceable. In Cathay we usually have a team of three or four people to read his letters and then conference on what we think they meant.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: July 09, 2013, 04:20:31 PM »
A verdict has been reached, and necessary IG enforcement actions have been taken. For anyone who desires to cite this case in the future, the final verdict was:

"The Magistrates find the defendant guilty of publicly making accusations of cheating with no proof. This is expressly prohibited by the Social Contract. The fact that the message was posed as a question is irrelevant since the question clearly and unambiguously implied the accusation. Accusations of cheating with proof should be passed directly to the Titans or Magistrates and not discussed publicly outside of the Courthouse; multi-cheating accusations should be addressed to the Titans only."

Magistrates voted 5-1 in favor of the guilty verdict, with 4 in favor of a warning and 1 in favor of a 2-day lock. A warning has been issued. This thread will be locked after a few more days.