Author Topic: "Taxes are collected today" should be "Taxes will be recieved tomorrow"  (Read 6063 times)

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
It is confusing wording. Regular newb, like me... thinks "Great, i will get my gold tomorrow!" and will have big disappointment seeing text Taxes are collected today! instead of having pockets full of gold.

-Jaune
~Violence is always an option!~

Atanamir

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
+1 I have been saying this since years, as long time Mentor of many nobles, who had quite some logic problems to get this right first.

It would make much more sense to see the day where you get taxes, not where realm collection is, as realm collection does not have any active effect on nobles.

That means it should go like: "Next taxes will be recieved in 7,6,5...days".

Now it starts with 6 days and the tomorrow/today thing is very confusing, even for old players it seems.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
They are collected today, so when today is over we have all the taxes collected and can share them.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Atanamir

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
They are collected today, so when today is over we have all the taxes collected and can share them.

"We" in this case is the administration.
The game should be though serving the nobles and not the administration.

Delinquent

• Peasant
    • View Profile
I was initially confused by this and it was explained to me.  The wording could be better. Even " Taxes are collected from the (peasants?) today and will be distributed to estates tomorrow." " Or will be counted and sorted by tomorrow." Or even better then that.
Ain't no man can avoid being born average, but there ain't no man got to be common.
Satchel Paige

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
"We" in this case is the administration.
The game should be though serving the nobles and not the administration.
Fine, they are collected today, so when today is over the gold has been collected and can be gave to us.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Foxglove

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
"Taxes will be received in X days" is an entirely logical change, and I can't imagine why it wasn't made long ago. "Taxes are collected today" has been confusing new players for as long as I've played the game.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
I agree. It is unnecessarily confusing.

Jaden

• Noble Lord
  • Jameel, Jabari, Jadyn, Jerold
    • View Profile
I think this request just make sense and cuts down on confusion for new and old players.
PM me for the Dota 2 guild.
"Darka would like to thank CE and co for their generous offerings, the Holy Volcano will be filled up for days with all these offerings!"-Jaret Jaron's last words

Wolfang

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
I am a noob and this confused me. Definitely supporting a change for this.

Nellamkuyzhil

• Freeman
    • View Profile
Absolutely. Iv wasted hours "visiting the family" and making sure I didn't misread the whole thing and generally getting confused and dismayed when the gold that I needed to do anything useful did not arrive. This is a change that can and should have been easily made.
Shamefur display!

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
Changed (not on live) to now display 'tomorrow' instead of 'today' and to display 'in 1 day' instead of 'tomorrow'. So it should now proceed '6, 5, 4, 3, 2 days, 1 day, tomorrow'.

Is this sufficiently clear to everyone?

Nellamkuyzhil

• Freeman
    • View Profile
Today. Tomorrow is followed by 'today'. As in a tax collection will occur today.
Will check next week and let you know if the Mr Vito is telling the good lords truth. :D

Nellamkuyzhil

• Freeman
    • View Profile
Well the information --> realm page does mention the time correctly as tomorrow. I have checked that. But can't confirm if the advice you get when you visit your family house is accurate too or not. Will confirm that some day and let everybody know.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
Oh, I didn't change anything except the realm details page. But since you mention it, I just wrote myself a note on a scrap piece of paper of other little notes to take a look at it later.