Author Topic: combat strength quick glance  (Read 7670 times)

Gustav Kuriga

combat strength quick glance
« Topic Start: April 18, 2011, 04:56:02 AM »
This is a relatively simple one, just put a unit's CS on the bar at the bottom of the screen where its number of men and unit formation are also located. Hopefully not too hard.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
Re: combat strength quick glance
« Reply #1: April 18, 2011, 08:10:11 AM »
This is a relatively simple one, just put a unit's CS on the bar at the bottom of the screen where its number of men and unit formation are also located. Hopefully not too hard.

+1
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Zakilevo

« Reply #2: April 18, 2011, 11:08:37 AM »
+1 (I approve! 8))

squishymaster

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: April 20, 2011, 01:50:26 PM »
Nice, +1.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: April 20, 2011, 02:01:52 PM »
Devil's Advocate: Why?
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #5: April 20, 2011, 02:10:11 PM »
No idea. It sounds to me like it would start to clutter up the bar at the bottom. The deployment settings I understand because usually people don't go to unit settings too often. The number of men, I guess makes sense since you know how many are left wounded and stuff... Combat strength might be similar to number of men? But even so, the number of men is a definite number, as are deployment settings. CS is an estimate that can vary every turn.

And now I have a prediction: Next, will someone suggest adding morale down there so we can check at a quick glance when we need to make our men happy? How about equipment damage so we know when to repair? how about range so we know how far our ranged units fire? Maybe training and cohesion so we can see the results of our battles and training sessions?

squishymaster

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: April 20, 2011, 06:35:14 PM »
Good ideas Artemesia I like them all.  +1 for Artemesia's ideas.

Indirik playing Devil's Advocate, shocking news there.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #7: April 20, 2011, 06:46:44 PM »
Woohoo! I wonder if that means I should invest in a widescreen monitor so I can fit the status bar when I play BM.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: April 20, 2011, 08:21:43 PM »
nah... make it double thick.
firefox

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #9: April 21, 2011, 04:35:51 AM »
There is unused space right above the number of men in your unit, which is currently only good for blocking a small portion of your screen. Adding it there will make use of wasted space. It will also allow people to quickly check if their unit is up to their Army's standards without leaving the page the orders are on (say the marshal wants them to have a unit with at least 300 CS. Simply look down and Walah! You see your CS is below standards and so hire more men).

egamma

« Reply #10: April 23, 2011, 04:58:56 AM »
Why not put in an onMouseOver() script to pop up a small version of the unit status screen, when someone mouses over some portion of the lower-right hand corner? give it a one second delay so it's not super annoying.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #11: April 23, 2011, 04:28:51 PM »
I'd rather have the option to disable that bar in the first place. If that bar can't be vanquished, then maybe have the option to select what exactly I want to see? Maybe some people could care less what their names are, or how much gold they're carrying.

squishymaster

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: April 23, 2011, 11:11:32 PM »
The bar does always seem to be more trouble than its worth.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #13: April 24, 2011, 04:30:40 AM »
And I feel the opposite, as it means one less tab I have to have open in order to send a report to either my Marshal or whoever is giving me bonds to help pay for the recruitment of my unit. Options about what you want showing on the bar would be nice. This, of course, is a low, low priority request, so it is more a wish I had it kind of thing than a need.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: April 24, 2011, 08:02:25 PM »
It's not really something that's necessary. One may need to check combat strength maybe once a week when refitting. And that can be done by simply clicking on your unit's name.

Rather put something useful there, like a link to your region. Unless my character's region is stable, I'm checking it just about every day. That means going to information, realm and regions, searching for my region, and clicking on it. Such a pain.

Making it (region) optional would be nice.