Author Topic: Messages and Metagaming  (Read 20759 times)

Eirikr

Re: Messages and Metagaming
« Reply #60: July 07, 2013, 05:11:54 AM »
They are untrained/unskilled in infiltrating a well-armed camp. Bandits/robbers only strike nobles with no units or very few men. Adventurers don't attack monster/undead hordes (the equivalent of a strong unit), only when they're smaller sized (though the text does refer to attacking undead armies, which isn't entirely sensible either).

I think this is the best counterargument as far as the Adventurer point goes. I'd also add that in no way are Adventurers portrayed as sneaky; they walk up to a noble's camp and they'll be turned away like any other peasant. (Yes, the can try to sneak up on undead and monsters, but that's a "oh god, I'm fighting these unnatural beasts... I'd better be careful".)

All things considered, I'd have to agree with the idea that nobles have the experience to tie someone's presence to the crime. Even if you want to say "well, there's no direct proof", the fact stands that the noble (and his camp, if any) is the only variable that is different. Maybe I'd accept one of that noble's men being the scapegoat, but that noble is also responsible for his men. If our nobles can't recognize that, then it's a miracle that trading works at all.

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #61: July 07, 2013, 05:18:30 AM »
Yes, I was refering to you have to message all in region or have the arrest adventure come up.

Except for the fact that they show up in regional information pages and scout reports. Just like everyone else without a unit.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62: July 07, 2013, 05:48:21 AM »
Indirik: I'm pretty sure advies are invisible on regiondetails.php to nobles (other advies can see other advies), but not 'send message to all in region' or the arrest adventurer list.
I was pretty sure I have often seen advies on that list. Hmm... maybe priests can see them? I don't have a priest character anymore.

Anyway, they are visible on the character list, with their location listed.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #63: July 07, 2013, 05:52:29 AM »
Considering the similarity of priests and advies, it wouldn't surprise me if only priests could see them. But when I arrested an advy awhile back, I definitely never saw it on the region report.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64: July 07, 2013, 05:54:38 AM »
Yeah, I've checked now, and can't see the advy in Semall with my warrior character who is there.

But I bet it has something to do with being a priest. I am 100% certain I've seen advies on the region details page on Dwilight while I had a priest character there.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #65: July 07, 2013, 10:18:06 PM »
Yeah, I've checked now, and can't see the advy in Semall with my warrior character who is there.

But I bet it has something to do with being a priest. I am 100% certain I've seen advies on the region details page on Dwilight while I had a priest character there.

Confirmed, priests can see commoners in region details.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner