Author Topic: Terran-D\'Hara Realm Merger  (Read 61979 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: Terran-D\'Hara Realm Merger
« Topic Start: July 06, 2013, 03:44:42 AM »
Letter from Pierre von Genf   (18 hours, 5 minutes ago)
Message sent to everyone in your realm (30 recipients)
Welcome to D'Hara, Lord Grayson of Gretchew.

I owe an explanation to D'Harans for your coming, for it is not a surprise to me, even though the timing is. I have held talks with Grandmaster Alaster of Terran concerning their realm's fate. As you know, it is very unlikely that Terran will survive the combined assault of Phantaria and the Farronite Republic.

Grandmaster Alaster has accepted to transfer the regions of Terran to D'Hara once if and when he believed that there were no actual chance of defending them. In exchange, he only asked that only Astroist Lords be appointed to these regions, so as to comply with his oath to the church not to leave lands in other hands, something to which I readily agreed. As such, Lord Grayson retain the rights to Gretchew within D'Hara.

The capital, of course, would eventually have to be taken by force, and the same rule would apply as to its Lords.

Which brings me to a plan I have considered for some time now. D'Hara is becoming stretched almost to the breaking point. To keep these lands, it would better to split off into an eastern realm on the islands and the Sallowcape and a Maroccidens realm comprising Paisly, Chesney and Saffalore. Both realms would be viable. Both realms would be republican. And both realms would share a constitutional monarch, King Machiavel, who would hold the single D'Haran crown. I feel this would be a great boon for nobles of both sides.

This can be done quickly if we are to take these lands. What do you say?

Pierre von Genf
Prime Minister of D'Hara
Royal of D'Hara
Priest of Sanguis Astroism

Seems pretty explicit to me.

Also, Hireshmont isn't very involved in this. He didn't even hear about it until today and isn't in either D'Hara or Terran: he's a conscientious objector in a third party realm supporting a war against Terran.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner