Author Topic: Terran-D\'Hara Realm Merger  (Read 62093 times)

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Terran-D\'Hara Realm Merger
« Reply #15: July 06, 2013, 02:24:37 PM »
There's a lot going on behind the scene, so while it's OK to show some letters I sent, don't assume that's all of them. Pierre is currently juggling different options and is not doing a very good job of it. You see the parts that fell to the ground.

To my defense, I'll say this:

-There are no plans to reform Terran from my part, at all. If there are people who have such plans, it's their business, and they'll have to work for it. I imagine it's not impossible, but it won't be part of an agreed realm merger followed by a secession.

-The letter shared is genuine concerning plans to split D'Hara, but that doesn't mean it's going to happen.

-There is no OOC concertation to achieve any realms merger. The only thing that actually happened is that two region Lords have switched allegiance for their own IC reason. Technically speaking, there is nothing I could have done about it. I could have said "no", but that may not have stopped them from doing what they did. I think there entirely within their rights.

-The anti-merger rule is meant to preclude peaceful merger. There is nothing peaceful about the current situation. Lords of Terran are being thoroughly beaten, and they try to find a way to keep their lands. I think that's entirely legit.

Finally, I would add that the rule (as I understand it) is meant to prohibit peaceful mergers because it leads to large consolidation of lands and extended periods of peace. It is very much not the case here. The situation is likely to lead to more war.

I don't think anyone could argue that Terran is in the situation it is through interaction outside of a war. War is very much the cause of their actions. Acting in a way to force involvement of a third party is a classic move, and there is no rule that says that if Terrans abandon their lands, they are obligated to abandon them to a realm they are at war with.
After all it's a roleplaying game.