Author Topic: Terran-D\'Hara Realm Merger  (Read 61164 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Terran-D\'Hara Realm Merger
« Reply #30: July 07, 2013, 04:01:53 AM »
Yeah, ithe first Solaria/LN thing wasn't a total realm merger because Malus left one rural region behind. Therefore it's legit because one guy with a single rural region didn't get to go with them. But when Terran leaves a city behind, it breaks the rules.

This case is bogus. The rule prevents a "merger of equals". In what reality are Terran, a besieged dying realm of three region, and D'Hara, a thriving healthy realm of 16 regions (or so, can't check right now...) anywhere near equals? So the rulers talked about it. Big deal. Alaster said that when it was certain that they could no longer defend them, they would swap, and become D'Haran regions. Not D'Hara and Terran would merge and become the D'Haran Republic of Terra, and all of Terrans council would join D'Hara's council and they would rule the combined land forever and ever, amen.

No, it was "when we've lost, our last regions will join you and become D'Haran, Terran will be dead".

Is it IC spiteful? Hell yes. Is it OOC spiteful? Hell no. There's worse crap that goes on in this game every day. And there's absolutely no way we can start ruling on "I wouldn't do that with my friends". Because at least half the stuff I see people do is stuff you wouldn't see around a gaming table.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.