Author Topic: Terran-D\'Hara Realm Merger  (Read 61177 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Terran-D\'Hara Realm Merger
« Reply #30: July 07, 2013, 04:12:45 AM »
Yeah, ithe first Solaria/LN thing wasn't a total realm merger because Malus left one rural region behind. Therefore it's legit because one guy with a single rural region didn't get to go with them. But when Terran leaves a city behind, it breaks the rules.

IIRC, Malus left behind a (small) Duchy, including a stronghold. And the Duke was pretty damn pissed.

Terran leaves behind a city, because it is mechanically impossible not to now that I've fixed the bug, and explicitly plans to have D'Hara conquer that city.

This is a material difference. Intent counts.

This case is bogus. The rule prevents a "merger of equals". In what reality are Terran, a besieged dying realm of three region, and D'Hara, a thriving healthy realm of 16 regions (or so, can't check right now...) anywhere near equals?

A "merger of equals" is not required to trigger the no-realm-mergers rule. Only a friendly merger.

This is planned between the rulers, it is not a surrender, and it is clearly a violation of the realm merger prohibition.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan