Author Topic: Re: Terran-D\'Hara Realm Merger  (Read 11666 times)

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Terran-D\'Hara Realm Merger
« Reply #30: July 08, 2013, 01:50:41 PM »
I am saying, based on the political situation of Dwilight, that barring Alaster doing something completely retarded, D'hara would have never gone to war with Terran with the intention of annexing its territories.

Maybe not, but that doesn't make it friendly. D'Hara had not sent a single soldier to defend Terran. It still isn't.

Especially with Pierre as Prime Minister.

What I'm saying is that his rulership of D'Hara is not that firm at the moment, nor is his position as an Elder. Trying to do both at once is not going stellarly well. D'Hara, as a whole, is not overly happy with Pierre's rule.

I hate to say this, as it feels like forummaster more than battlemaster. You assume a lot of things about the intent of characters in a situation that has not fully resolved itself in game. I'm not here to patronize you, I am only trying to defend my actions without completely mixing IC and OOC by describing every intentions of my character in the open on the forum.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: July 08, 2013, 02:00:14 PM »
Maybe not, but that doesn't make it friendly. D'Hara had not sent a single soldier to defend Terran. It still isn't.

What I'm saying is that his rulership of D'Hara is not that firm at the moment, nor is his position as an Elder. Trying to do both at once is not going stellarly well. D'Hara, as a whole, is not overly happy with Pierre's rule.

I hate to say this, as it feels like forummaster more than battlemaster. You assume a lot of things about the intent of characters in a situation that has not fully resolved itself in game. I'm not here to patronize you, I am only trying to defend my actions without completely mixing IC and OOC by describing every intentions of my character in the open on the forum.

You don't need to defend someone to find yourself involved with a friendly action with them. Accepting their entire realm without having directly engaged in actual hostilities (i.e. some form of open conflict. Preach them to death, infil them to death, whatever you have to do) makes the action friendly, and were D'hara truly hostile against Terran, wouldn't it just be easier to let Phantaria take the regions? It would have prevented the current chaos in D'hara at the very least.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: July 08, 2013, 02:11:37 PM »
and were D'hara truly hostile against Terran, wouldn't it just be easier to let Phantaria take the regions?

You assume Pierre is friendly towards Phantaria. Kale is still a pagan, that counts. Much of the rest of D'Hara, however, thinks this would have been the best solution.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: July 08, 2013, 02:18:16 PM »
I think we're getting pretty off topic now, can we have a mod split this into a different thread?
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.