Author Topic: APPROVED: Remove yellow caution notice when sending a message to the realm.  (Read 1539 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Title: Remove the cautionary notice about sending message tot he entire realm

Summary: Remove the cautionary notice about sending message to the entire realm. We don't want to stop people from sending messages to the realm. We want more of it.

Details: In some realms, and with some characters, when you send a message to the whole realm you get this message:
"Please verify that your message really should be sent to the entire realm, and not a better selected subgroup, such as your duchy or your army."

We put this notice in when we had about a zillion times more players than we do now. We no longer have the problem of hundreds of realm-wide messages per turn. We want *more* realm-wide messages now, not less. This warning is no longer applicable. It could be unnecessarily cautioning new players to not send realm-wide messages, when we actually want them to do it.

Benefits: More realm-wide messages. Less unnecessary cautioning of newbies to not send messages.

Possible Exploits: None.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 10:42:51 PM by egamma »
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
I wholeheartedly endorse this idea.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
agreed, but please just comment it out. we might need it again in the future.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
This has now been commented out. It should be pushed and be updated to live in the near future (this week).