Author Topic: Use of Rumour and personal information on irc, in forums, ingame and other places like skype and fac  (Read 35209 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
I believe that two of the points Deytheur makes particularly bear repeating.

I feel like people are getting off the point here. Trying to drag any little bit of mud against us. Like it's 'bad taste' for us to both be rulers when actually we were both rulers before we knew each other, that I was cheating however many years ago. Please do not make such comments and wild exaggerations unless you know the whole situation.

This is the first.

Deytheur and Menethil are not defendants here. Their behaviour is not in question. They were reported for multicheating, investigated, and cleared. None of the other behaviour they are accused of, whether it's true or not, breaks any BM rule. They have not been harassing anyone about this issue.

Not a single thing that Deytheur and Menethil have done or said is germane to this case.

Let alone keep talking to other people about it, as it kept emerging you had. And every time you had an opportunity making snide comments and trying to turn other conversations towards it, you did. And then completely refusing to admit that you could possibly have done anything wrong made everything a lot more frustrating. I remember one conversation when it was just you talking to Delvin and he was trying to explain how you were out of line and still all you could do was argue with someone who was impartial.

This is the second important point.

I believe that this is the core of this case, and the part that the Magistrates will need to address most carefully: that  Atanamir hasn't just been harassing these two and spreading vicious rumours and slander, he feels that not only is what he is doing right, but that Menethil and Deytheur are in the wrong, and bad for the game. He does not grasp, or will not accept, that his actions are far, far worse for the game than even the worst that he has accused them of.

The truth is, a dozen multicheaters do far less damage to the game than one person who believes that spreading poisonous rumours and lies about people IC and OOC is an acceptable way to win a war.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan