Author Topic: Use of Rumour and personal information on irc, in forums, ingame and other places like skype and fac  (Read 34968 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Ays is having trouble logging onto the forum, and apparently even my adminly powers aren't enough to persuade it to give her more login attempts. She has sent me the following to post on her behalf:

Let us see reason.
I am good friends with Atanamir and Dobromir. That has not changed, nor will any words here alter my feelings.
We need to move forward. There is a belief that we need to bring everything out into the light, expose the faults and underbelly of our actions. Where is that getting us?  In truth we need to stop this weed from growing any bigger. Deytheur is right, the talking and more talking is doing no good.

We are all here for a reason. We love the game; we invest our time and energy in building kingdoms and forging connections; and we are family. We have the grumpy uncles, the sex obsessed nephews, the boastful teenagers, and the drunkards in the corner. We are a colorful bunch, but we are one.

Make no mistake, the trouble between Atanamir and Dobromir is not because they are so different, it is because they are so alike. They are powerful, strong-willed leaders. If we had a BM family reunion, I would sit them at different tables. But, they would both be there.

The origin of the family feud was about following the rules. Both men said things in anger. Both men wanted justice. Both men want the best for the game.  I do, too.

Here is my solution:

Dobromir has his account restored and his title removed. He pursued his privacy and punishment of Atanamir to a great ends. His efforts were to better protect the privacy of BM players. He is family, and he can play, pause or delete as he wishes.

Atanamir has his title of King removed. He worked as he does ingame, with strong counsel and Titan company to assure fair gaming in EC. His efforts were focused on fair play of this game. He is family, and he can play, pause of delete as he wishes.

Titans examine and rewrite the privacy rules. Although I told Atanamir of the relationship, the Titans confirmed his complaint. This was in fact the same break in trust which I am guilty.

Respectfully,
Ays

Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan