Author Topic: Use of Rumour and personal information on irc, in forums, ingame and other places like skype and fac  (Read 35153 times)

Atanamir

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
This whole matter isnt about punishments what I want to see done to the player.  Its mainly about ethics.

Then please stop lying in the posts about me in here. I wanted to talk to you before Fleugs posted those logs. You weren't there, I needed to go sleep. On the next day, I could only reach you after those logs were posted. The whole battlemaster-channel is my witness. And actually I see those logs confirming what I already said. Gathering maximum evidence against a player who has been called a cheater by various sides. You also bring your friends in here to post (even irrelevant to the case) things against me, but when I do ask people what you have done to be called a cheater, it is wrong? So much about ethics. Please spare me this and be for one time straightforward to me.

One thing I will say is you asked why myself and Laura never talked to you about it?  Did you talk to us in the same respect and have the decency to confront us about it?  Answer is no so dont call the kettle black.

Alexandros, you should had called both Jason and Laura for a talk, in private, even before opening a Titan case against them both. You, not them. They did nothing wrong, you thought they were doing wrong. You didn't talk to them and now Jason is gone.

My favourite part. Here you can see the origin of the problem. All this started because I was talking with Jason/Laura.
And since Jason has also stated that he generously apoliogized to me back then I will also state what sort of apology that was.
The last chat betwen us was once more one of flames. Sadly.
I then asked Jason openly (knowing what Ays has told me) what all these OOC rumours are that Fleugs is spreading on IRC.
I gave him the chance to tell me. He of course denied it. After the falmes were over someone mediated us (can't remember) and I took Dobromir into personal query.
I told him to calm down and that we should just leave this matter and I told him again, that I just wanted to know if we have clean war and fair gaming. again I didn't say that I knew sth, since I felt that it was his part to come towards me with such an information.
His response was (this is no 1 to 1 exact wording, but I remember it like yesterday): I apologize for what I said, also I want to say that I play with no OOC people I know this game Bam.
Now I had to weigh this apology. Obviously the second part was a lie. Does that mean that the apology was sincere? I couldn't know. The trust was broken and the respect was gone from my side at this moment. And I honestly I didn't care anymore to get deeper into this, as it was not my business to find out if they are together or not. But I saw it as my business as reponsible player to find out if they were cheating.
I then consulted those who I already mentioned and then filed the report. This is where everything started. And to conlude with the part that i already told the Titans: The lying in my face might be protecting the privacy (although he told others) and that is ok but the OOC harassment and insulting is also no acceptable thing. However, I could even overlook this insulting, but I can't overlook if he OOC cheats as some players suspect. That's why I filed this complaint so we have a decision by an independent court on this.

When the Titan verdict was done, I abided by it, even though they told me, as Ays correctly stated, that the accounts are linked. I also informed of this verdict the (already listed) people I had told to.
I apologize if this led later to rumours and I fully understand that this is bad, but seriously, from my side, there was never the intention to do so. This you must believe. It may have not been in my hands anymore, have you ever thought of this possibility? And I tried hard to let it not come so far. I had talked to you before the verdict and I always tried to solve this between players first. However, still I apologize for the inconvenience - without but, when, if or similar.

Now, Miriam, I really respect you as player but what have your examples to do with this case? If it's just to create a bad atmosphere against me, then I don't understand why you do it. Although I don't need to I will answer in all shortness to your examples.
Miriam, you are veteran player and I was talking about you in OOC nature about possible scenarios of the war. mainly because Deytheur was not talking to me IC and I wondered why Eponllyn does such an IC harakiri. At no point I told you in OOC to switch to Perdan and forget your RP. In contrary I did understand now why Myrnia hates Perdan and this was for me the end of discussion. One of your players in Eponllyn told me before the war to switch 1-2 entire duchies to Eponllyn in OOC nature and I of course rejected it, as you. As veteran player you often discuss secanrios OOC but everyone knows that IC is always another thing. Please don't paint me here like some petty OOC powergamer. Please, cause you know I am not. And sicne I also did not use the piece of info we are all discussing here, I don#t understand why you wrote this at all.

Second, Aragon, is a young BM player which I mentor in Perdan. It is something else to discuss possible scenarios with a veteran player than luring a new player on IRC to switch sides. At least this is my understanding. Besides the fact that "your women only"-mentality is for me a bit excluding to other players, I certainly did not like that you were trying to get a young player on IRC to change sides like this. If you still think this is ok, we can agree to disagree. And I strongly obeject that i ever said that is ok to lure people in private on OOC. I said that IC luring of people to switch sides is ok, that I can confirm. But please for truth's sake, stick to the truth - everyone.
And I also like Miriam, although I'd wish some more detailed memory of yours to these examples when coming here to a case where I am the defendant.

Thank you very much.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 10:32:50 AM by Atanamir »