Author Topic: Dobromir retires  (Read 7799 times)

Atanamir

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Fallangard
« Topic Start: July 09, 2013, 08:26:43 AM »
Out-of-Character from Atanamir of Umbar   (17 minutes ago)
Message sent to the Rulers of East Continent (7 recipients)
FYI I will not comment in this kindergarden.
Quitting and slandering other players because someone "loses" (nobody can win BM) needs desperately a reason to quit is actually "pointing with finger-behaviour" and just below my level.
I agree with Nate here, step back and redefine your position, I have done that many years ago already in BM. Helps you see things clearer.
Alexandros Stavrou

Thank you Zaki for being so overzealous and posting here my words.
You should care more though about providing an ingame reason for the war declaration of Sirion to Perdan today.  ;)

Now, I rather prefer to answer this though for myself: I will not discuss this matter deeper than it needs to be.
Whatever I had as OOC issue with Jason I went the official way and filed a report at the Titans, as the game rules say.
I even asked Anaris about what correct way (Titans or Magistrates) to go back then.
Also I have given solari my word that I will not comment the content of the report again if brought forward by third parties who just want to strip some flame war up.

Now, in all short form, about this OOC message: Jason lashed out at part of the entire community and one player especially and leave scorched earth behind him.

Please let us remind some basic rule:

- No verbal attacks, insults or harassment of other players. Err on the side of caution, especially if you don't know the other player well.
- Note that during roleplays, characters can be played as aggressive, as long as it is clear and obvious that the opposite character is the target, not the player behind him.

I don't think that a player who ragequits obviously due to a IC event and then lashes out against parts of community and particularly one player in personal is the abiding by this rule. I think it is sad when other old and reknown players forget their own rules, just because another old player overstretched the line between IC/OOC for himself. I am as old player as Jason (and even older) as well, I know those rules by heart and honestly, if I would file a report everytime I felt harassed by Dobromir or someone else on IC/OOC/IRC, then Magistrates would have a lot to do. I also keep no IRC logs for this reason anymore, because I simply ignore people who want to offend me. Anyway, Jason has quit and I wish all the best for his RL, we should hold no grudges over a game, cause really it is only a game.

Sidenote: I had my ragequit many years ago as well. Lavigna and those with me in realms back then remember. (Edited: I repented few days later to Tom and due to petition of other players he gave me the account back, I still am very thankful for this)
This happens when BM gets too personal for you. But I think ragequit is good lesson some type of people have to undergo in order to see things clearer and redefine position. I hope that Jason finds also the peace to return again to BM someday and enjoys the game again as he really should do.

I think I already wrote too much again and I want to keep this matter at a reasonable level and niveau, without too many emotions.
Thank you.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 08:31:27 AM by Atanamir »