Author Topic: Dobromir retires  (Read 7691 times)

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Dobromir retires
« Topic Start: July 08, 2013, 11:06:55 PM »
I'm picking up rumours on IRC that Dobromir, Caligus' king since ever, has deleted his account.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 04:50:24 PM by Velax »
Ardet nec consumitur.

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
  • Traveling to a new world!
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Fallangard
« Reply #1: July 08, 2013, 11:12:10 PM »
Too bad i didnt knew....I should have asked him for Fontan city then!  ;D

T Strike

• Noble Lord
  • What happened?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: July 08, 2013, 11:25:45 PM »
He should have rewarded me with Fontan city.
Westmoor: Cross... Coria: Yenom... Caelum: Gawain... Astrum: Ekirt

loren

• Noble Lord
  • I'm too old for this
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: July 09, 2013, 12:29:44 AM »
Out-of-Character from Aiden Menethil   (27 minutes ago)
Message sent to the Rulers of East Continent (9 recipients)
I will be quitting battlemaster effective immediately.  I've been bored of battlemaster for some time and some here already knew I was planning to quit.  The character of Atanamir did various OOC allegations versus me and tried to use it publically as well a fact im not sure many of you know or not.  In the end I resent playing battlemaster now completely.  I will stop at that as I would say many further bad things.  I've had more than my share of OOC hate from the community in general but the recent usage of rumors and OOC info in every aspect has led to this decision.  I simply dont feel like dealing with this new event at all.

I am quitting the game permanently.
Jason Zammit

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: July 09, 2013, 04:25:01 AM »
This disgusts me. This is something that the Magistrates should be investigating: the case of a long-term player being harassed both IG and OOG to the point where he quits, just because he wanted to keep his private life private.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: July 09, 2013, 04:41:51 AM »
Well, if nobody files a complaint, what can we as Magistrates do? Are we allowed to pass judgement if à la "The State vs Johnny Keplerson" if the violation is obvious and flagrant, as it is in this case?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: July 09, 2013, 04:43:16 AM »
This disgusts me. This is something that the Magistrates should be investigating: the case of a long-term player being harassed both IG and OOG to the point where he quits, just because he wanted to keep his private life private.

I completely agree.

I believe this is, in spirit, related to the case of Woelfy, where there was no one message that clearly crossed a bright line, but rather a pattern of harassment and insinuations, both IC and OOC, that in this case led to many other people nodding and saying (effectively), "Hey, yeah, we should be persecuting this guy's character and realm for something in his private life that we really have no business caring about one way or another!"

The trouble is, it's hard bringing such a case. You'd basically need to be able to present the entire IG message log and IRC log (as well as a number of forum threads) from the period in question, given the number of comments, implications, and insinuations that made up the harassment. Anyone not involved in the situation—and I say this as someone who was only involved somewhat peripherally—would have a hard time understanding the level of frustration, isolation, and alienation that is created by such an insidious (and insidiously successful) smear campaign, without immersing themselves in it.

And, frankly, we saw what happened with Woelfy's cases. The first time the harassment against him was reported, he was punished. The second time, he was reported for finally no longer turning the other cheek, and punished again. And when he tried to send in the information that was requested of him to investigate the actual harassment and punish those responsible, he was met with silence.

So...yeah, the Magistrates should be investigating this. But to be brutally frank, I have no confidence in their collective ability to effectively police, punish, and deter harassment campaigns that have even the slightest subtlety to them.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: July 09, 2013, 05:05:24 AM »
I don't have the last three months of IRC logs. Nor do I have three or four months of IG logs from realms I am not in. Nor can I provide some of the information I do have.

I understand what you're saying, Sacha. No, I don't expect the Magistrates to do anything about this. Honestly, I don't think they can. The timeline over which game messages are kept/removed is too short to be able to provide the level of evidence needed, even if I had the time to sort through it all.

The people responsible for this know what they did, even if they won't even admit it to themselves. Anyone paying attention on the forums can figure it out, if they stop and think for a few minutes.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: July 09, 2013, 05:08:33 AM »
I don't have the last three months of IRC logs. Nor do I have three or four months of IG logs from realms I am not in. Nor can I provide some of the information I do have.

I understand what you're saying, Sacha. No, I don't expect the Magistrates to do anything about this. Honestly, I don't think they can. The timeline over which game messages are kept/removed is too short to be able to provide the level of evidence needed, even if I had the time to sort through it all.

The people responsible for this know what they did, even if they won't even admit it to themselves. Anyone paying attention on the forums can figure it out, if they stop and think for a few minutes.
I think Anaris did sanitize some forum posts in East Island on this, could be in Fane thread. I recall someone mention something, though may need a lot of looking through records to be sure.

I am sad to see player of Dobromir leaving just because of this. To think I was being forced to defend myself previously on Fontan thread, this should not happen to all players :(
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

nanakisan

• Freeman
  • I'm a absolute looney! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
    • View Profile
    • My Gallery of 3D madness
« Reply #9: July 09, 2013, 05:59:50 AM »
This was a OOC message response i received 2 days before Dobromir quit. I basically laid down my issues on him about the current status of how caligus was going. Frankly you can just feel the disdain and heart break in his words. By this time you can clearly tell he was broken....

Out-of-Character from Aiden Menethil   (2 days, 7 hours ago)
Basically I dont think anyone in Caligus knows this but Atanamir ruler of Perdan on declaration of war filed an OOC report to have myself and Deytheur removed as rulers because he claimed we were in some sort of relationship OOC.  He further messages rulers about it OOC trying to convince people to turn on Caligus.  Because of this I already decided to quit the game after this war is over.  I havent told anyone just yet.  I tried to distance myself from the game for a while to regain some interest but when i take days off from the game something bad normally goes wrong.  We lost those regions because Takeshi was supposed to be taking care of stuff while I was on a temporary break from that fustrating issue.

Either way Sirion should be coming shortly.  Im sorry things are annoying you.

Jason Zammit

This is all i have. The rest of the whole Rumors thing i believe can somewhat. Be found in the topic about fane. Atanamir is just boasting his head off in there.
I am a lunatic wrapped in bacon. Sprinkled with swiss, smoothered in mustard and then buried in lettuce. I'm delicious!

Zakilevo

« Reply #10: July 09, 2013, 07:02:24 AM »
Out-of-Character from Atanamir of Umbar   (17 minutes ago)
Message sent to the Rulers of East Continent (7 recipients)
FYI I will not comment in this kindergarden.
Quitting and slandering other players because someone "loses" (nobody can win BM) needs desperately a reason to quit is actually "pointing with finger-behaviour" and just below my level.
I agree with Nate here, step back and redefine your position, I have done that many years ago already in BM. Helps you see things clearer.
Alexandros Stavrou

Blue Star

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: July 09, 2013, 07:28:47 AM »
Hold up wait a second, I think you are all missing a key component. Old Doombringer decided to quit, that was his choice, sad to see him go excited to see another rise to the challenge for the realms he's left.

I do though believe OCC, Forum and IRC issue were involved, mm but if he let something of his personal life slip into game where other would then take a step back and go "Hey, this seems fishy" then well that was his fault. If you bring your personal life to this game, it is a mistake, I did once took a break and I came back.

From what I read in another thread it must regard some issue between two players knowing one another in real life and people taking that into context in the game... which is a mistake by them, but it does make you wonder as a player.

... Treat every player as a equal, treat their character as the next hurdle.
I think like a sinner. Curse like a sailor. Smile like a saint. :)

Bhranthan

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: July 09, 2013, 08:22:47 AM »
Jason told me half a year ago if its not more that we was going to quite.
His two immportant characters where iresponsive clinged on to there positions while he kept saying he was bored with the game.
I couldnt unfortunatly convince him otherwise, yet he still played on.

The feeling that he got bullied he also had with me what ever i told him, he was convinced i hated him and was after him ig.
I do not know how it went with other players (i can imagine Atanamir beeing a bit too competative and perhaps aggresive).
But i think most of what jason claimed has been exegerated in this own mind severly.
f ubiquitous
I find it very sad that he is leaving in this way and hope he tries new account like i told him back then.
Brutus the Brute - Kleptes the Thief - Atreus the Brave - Alucina the Lucid

Atanamir

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: July 09, 2013, 08:26:43 AM »
Out-of-Character from Atanamir of Umbar   (17 minutes ago)
Message sent to the Rulers of East Continent (7 recipients)
FYI I will not comment in this kindergarden.
Quitting and slandering other players because someone "loses" (nobody can win BM) needs desperately a reason to quit is actually "pointing with finger-behaviour" and just below my level.
I agree with Nate here, step back and redefine your position, I have done that many years ago already in BM. Helps you see things clearer.
Alexandros Stavrou

Thank you Zaki for being so overzealous and posting here my words.
You should care more though about providing an ingame reason for the war declaration of Sirion to Perdan today.  ;)

Now, I rather prefer to answer this though for myself: I will not discuss this matter deeper than it needs to be.
Whatever I had as OOC issue with Jason I went the official way and filed a report at the Titans, as the game rules say.
I even asked Anaris about what correct way (Titans or Magistrates) to go back then.
Also I have given solari my word that I will not comment the content of the report again if brought forward by third parties who just want to strip some flame war up.

Now, in all short form, about this OOC message: Jason lashed out at part of the entire community and one player especially and leave scorched earth behind him.

Please let us remind some basic rule:

- No verbal attacks, insults or harassment of other players. Err on the side of caution, especially if you don't know the other player well.
- Note that during roleplays, characters can be played as aggressive, as long as it is clear and obvious that the opposite character is the target, not the player behind him.

I don't think that a player who ragequits obviously due to a IC event and then lashes out against parts of community and particularly one player in personal is the abiding by this rule. I think it is sad when other old and reknown players forget their own rules, just because another old player overstretched the line between IC/OOC for himself. I am as old player as Jason (and even older) as well, I know those rules by heart and honestly, if I would file a report everytime I felt harassed by Dobromir or someone else on IC/OOC/IRC, then Magistrates would have a lot to do. I also keep no IRC logs for this reason anymore, because I simply ignore people who want to offend me. Anyway, Jason has quit and I wish all the best for his RL, we should hold no grudges over a game, cause really it is only a game.

Sidenote: I had my ragequit many years ago as well. Lavigna and those with me in realms back then remember. (Edited: I repented few days later to Tom and due to petition of other players he gave me the account back, I still am very thankful for this)
This happens when BM gets too personal for you. But I think ragequit is good lesson some type of people have to undergo in order to see things clearer and redefine position. I hope that Jason finds also the peace to return again to BM someday and enjoys the game again as he really should do.

I think I already wrote too much again and I want to keep this matter at a reasonable level and niveau, without too many emotions.
Thank you.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 08:31:27 AM by Atanamir »

Menethil

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: July 09, 2013, 11:30:49 AM »
Thank you Zaki for being so overzealous and posting here my words.
You should care more though about providing an ingame reason for the war declaration of Sirion to Perdan today.  ;)

Now, I rather prefer to answer this though for myself: I will not discuss this matter deeper than it needs to be.
Whatever I had as OOC issue with Jason I went the official way and filed a report at the Titans, as the game rules say.
I even asked Anaris about what correct way (Titans or Magistrates) to go back then.
Also I have given solari my word that I will not comment the content of the report again if brought forward by third parties who just want to strip some flame war up.

Now, in all short form, about this OOC message: Jason lashed out at part of the entire community and one player especially and leave scorched earth behind him.

Please let us remind some basic rule:

I don't think that a player who ragequits obviously due to a IC event and then lashes out against parts of community and particularly one player in personal is the abiding by this rule. I think it is sad when other old and reknown players forget their own rules, just because another old player overstretched the line between IC/OOC for himself. I am as old player as Jason (and even older) as well, I know those rules by heart and honestly, if I would file a report everytime I felt harassed by Dobromir or someone else on IC/OOC/IRC, then Magistrates would have a lot to do. I also keep no IRC logs for this reason anymore, because I simply ignore people who want to offend me. Anyway, Jason has quit and I wish all the best for his RL, we should hold no grudges over a game, cause really it is only a game.

Sidenote: I had my ragequit many years ago as well. Lavigna and those with me in realms back then remember. (Edited: I repented few days later to Tom and due to petition of other players he gave me the account back, I still am very thankful for this)
This happens when BM gets too personal for you. But I think ragequit is good lesson some type of people have to undergo in order to see things clearer and redefine position. I hope that Jason finds also the peace to return again to BM someday and enjoys the game again as he really should do.

I think I already wrote too much again and I want to keep this matter at a reasonable level and niveau, without too many emotions.
Thank you.

No Atanamir I quit only because of your OOC tirade against me.  When it comes to irc you are the one who began accusing me of an OOC conspiracy against your realm, banned me from channel and such.  It was a matter of time with you going on and on about it your whining on the forum I was going to call you out of this bull!@#$ and I did.  I apologised only for the harsh words against you but you still took an IC situation completely OOC to start with.  I was already angry and this.

Obviously shortly after we were no longer on speaking terms.  I see you blow up the forum with myself and ruler of Eponllyn presumably dating.  Completely unacceptable and borders all things wrong to do in the game.  It didnt just stop there.  I got messages in the game OOC that Atanamir contacted them trying to convince them of this and turn on Caligus.  Queen Autrey is one of them and Erik of Sirion was definately talked to OOC about it by Atanamir also.

Im sure there is alot more people who got told by Atanamir about this.  I just dont know about it.  Im just saying this is anything but a rage quit for IC reasons.  I was burnt out and planning to quit because of the OOC reasons after the war was over.  When the succeession happened it was something I simply didnt want to deal with any longer.  The character Nanaki in Caligus even contacted me OOC a few days before about me being different.  It more then showed me the game was not right for me anymore because one player ruined it all for me.

Dont try and turn this into a rage quit.  Im not a kid that does that and this is far from it.  I would prefer you leave me and your comments about me completely alone Atanamir you have said enough about me as it is.