Author Topic: Dobromir retires  (Read 7696 times)

Lavigna

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Fallangard
« Reply #15: July 09, 2013, 12:03:28 PM »
I don't think that a player who ragequits obviously due to a IC event and then lashes out against parts of community and particularly one player in personal is the abiding by this rule. I think it is sad when other old and reknown players forget their own rules, just because another old player overstretched the line between IC/OOC for himself.

I want to be fair thus i will say that last night i was on irc myself and in the East Island channel Jason asked to let the player of Edvard know this has nothing to do with him, that he actually enjoyed him as a player and that in another time he would actually find this as an amusing challenge.

For the sake of saying the truth i believe this should be written here.A rage quit is an assumption when the player declares it is not.
It is unfair towards the player of Edvard making him think he is the reason of this quit when Jason clearly stated it is not and asked that this was noted to him.

My 1 cent..cause i don't have 2.
Suck my socks! I kill for Darka! -KK-

Atanamir

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Fallangard
« Reply #16: July 09, 2013, 12:14:11 PM »
I want to be fair thus i will say that last night i was on irc myself and in the East Island channel Jason asked to let the player of Edvard know this has nothing to do with him, that he actually enjoyed him as a player and that in another time he would actually find this as an amusing challenge.

For the sake of saying the truth i believe this should be written here.A rage quit is an assumption when the player declares it is not.
It is unfair towards the player of Edvard making him think he is the reason of this quit when Jason clearly stated it is not and asked that this was noted to him.

My 1 cent..cause i don't have 2.

Very well, I take then the reason of "rage quit" back.
Jason is not talking with me, so being the main target of his message, I could only assume.
The player of Edvard knows this of course as well, Jason sent via Aiden the message to all rulers as well.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 12:15:50 PM by Atanamir »

loren

• Noble Lord
  • I'm too old for this
    • View Profile
Re: Dobromir retires
« Reply #17: July 09, 2013, 05:58:33 PM »
Look, it's clear someone needs to sit down and mediate this, so lets just leave it to the magistrates area for now.

Lavigna

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: July 09, 2013, 06:45:11 PM »
As a fairly old player in this game i have to say this is sad ,sad, sad.

In fact the minute i heard it i went online on irc to talk to the player of Dobromir.In 2 months it is the 2nd case of player abbandoning the game for ooc harass and it disturbs me a lot.
When i was on irc i said that it makes me sad because we are a friendly community and i got laughed at by some people there.Do i need to say it made me more sad? In all my years in this game i made friends through BM, we still get to laugh and it used to be like this for many years, apparently this is not the case anymore and people do feel the opposite .

It is a fact there was a huge ooc bickering from both parts since the war between Perdan and Caligus started and let's admit IC reasons did start it.
Apparently when some players get too passionate for a realm of theirs it always ends up OOC when it cannot be fought IC.Sad.

Accusations occured both ways, both parts admit it, one apparently went too far.

What i said to Jason yesterday is that the moment he received those ooc messages about Alex speaking of his private life he should have filled a complain. Alex on the other hand did, he thought he was right and he did, then again it seems from what people say that he also discussed it oocly with other players and this is not acceptable.

When a deletion takes place the balance in a fight suddenly falls on one part, the remaining one that is.

I am not sure how fair it is to stop looking in such cases only because one part deletes it's account.And the reason is that such action leaves one part mistreated, either that is the part that left or the part that remains. In game it may not make much difference some people will say..Well is that entirely true? I mean what if those who actually feel they had enough and quit do have right on their side and in the game remains the aggressor unharmed.I am not saying Alex is an ass and we should hunt him down but it pretty much leaves that image if this case gets closed.

I remind you this is the 2nd case of a player deleting his account because he feels harassed. Woelfy's case stills pisses me off because i know it wasn't entirely his fault and while he is not a part of the game anymore, some of the people that forced him to delete are.Still in that case without proper investigation we don't really know who 's fault it was.

I don't know if i am making my point clear here but one thing i love in this game is it's community, sure we have our shameful moments but this community is strong and should remain like this and having old players delete is always a shame.

Do speak up people, do speak up IN TIME and never let such cases drop only because you feel you had enough.I believe i m talking for many old farts here when i say this, because even if we dislike some characters i m sure there is nothing to hate on the player.So let's not make it about the player in the end.

And if at this moment there are people who have evidence about this case i believe they should be brought up even if Jason deleted and give a closure to this case even after the deletion, otherwise i m sure we will see more accounts deleted in the future .
Suck my socks! I kill for Darka! -KK-

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: July 09, 2013, 07:35:57 PM »
I'll openly admit here that I have never been friendly in the last years towards Dobromir on IRC... might even say hostile. When asked a few months ago to stop, I did. Should this have contributed to him quitting I am terrible sorry, but I hope it didn't. If any wishes to file a complaint against me for this, feel free.

I hope Dobromir returns to the game - if not soon, then hopefully later. I see him as a great player despite our differences. I too was disgusted by the latest OOC slander against him and in retrospect I believe that perhaps many of us failed to report the misbehaviour.
Ardet nec consumitur.

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: July 10, 2013, 01:42:56 AM »
I got messages in the game OOC that Atanamir contacted them trying to convince them of this and turn on Caligus.  Queen Autrey is one of them and Erik of Sirion was definately talked to OOC about it by Atanamir also.

I don't want to be involved in this kind of problems, really. I'm just a simple guy that like to drink and enjoy the game. I have little and almost no contact with players and I can count in the fingers of one hand how many of them know me more than some OOC messages or beyond my own characters. I also can count in my fingers how many times I used the IRC and how I don't like to be involved in such disputes.

At some point, some people tough that Erik is too much important (and he is) and because of that, as player, I became involved at some point in some problems between Jason and Alex (I even cared to remember their names until now). I can understand... we are all competitive people. I can see each side, but I have my own opinion and my own view about the subject.  And this is not something I want to share, because it's not a position against one or another. I just think they need to sit down, drink a beer, solve their problems an move on.

This is a good game, but this is just a !@#$ing game. And when someone want to win, for a reason or another, and it goes down the road, we must reconsider our stances. In the end, if you cannot, relax and enjoy the sun out there. We always can turn off the videogame until the rage pass away.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 01:45:18 AM by Eduardo Almighty »
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!