Author Topic: Conspiracy to use Titans as weapon against player  (Read 7021 times)

Chaotrance13

Two things:

1) That was a private conversation. The only reason it has been revealed publicly is as evidence in another Magistrate case. Had Fleugs said this directly to Menethil, Menethil could file a complaint, but that's not what happened, and for his part Menethil doesn't seem to care.

2) The line in the Social Contract reads: "Do not publicly accuse anyone of cheating, abuses or violations of this contract without proof or evidence." See above.

Give me one good reason why I shouldn't lock this thread right now.

Because getting the Titans involved (or in this case, saying you should) because you don't like the player rather than because of an actual rules violation is still a breach of the rules whether the conversation was in private or not. How is "Make a Titan Complaint because I don't like the player" NOT a breach of the rules?

It may be that it falls more under the "harassment" section of Clause 2 than the "cheating" section in which case I've misinterpreted it. But either way, using the Titans against someone because you are hostile to them (and have stated as much in threads in this forum with regards to the hostility) is abusing the system and harassing the targeted player.

If you're going to dismiss this based on what is basically a lawyering point, then there should be a consensus between multiple Magistrates that there is no case to answer instead of one vigilante Magistrate deciding he is Judge, Jury and Executioner on his own. I thought the system was based on consensus or votes, not dictatorship. If more people weighed in with whether they thought there was a case or not and it was decided to be the latter, then not a problem, we move on.

And in future, watch your damned tone when someone makes a complaint. I don't like writing the bloody things out and I tend to deliberate quite strongly on whether it's necessary or not. Being a dick to someone when they make a complaint is against the spirit of the system and does not encourage use of it at all, among other things. I know you like to play Big Man on Campus as you have done in the other thread, but that does not give you the right nor authority to talk down to me. I am a human being as well, strangely enough.