Author Topic: Image BM community gives to players via forums, it is horrible...  (Read 24905 times)

Foxglove

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
To an extent, I share Juane's opinions of irc. When the link to it first appeared on the BM side-menu I dipped my toe into irc to see what it was all about. I quickly decided it wasn't worth my time and haven't been back since. I'm sure I might just have entered it when the people there were in a bad mood with each other, but it didn't cast a good light on the game. In a different thread, Revan questioned whether there should be the 'offical' link to irc on the BM menu, and I support what he said in saying that there shouldn't. I know that a handful of players get enjoyment from irc, but it's not representative of the in-game atmosphere and could turn new players off.

As far as the forums go, I agree with Anaris about more active moderation. In the end, if you point players in the direction of more civil and polite conduct through the moderation, I suspect it would improve the whole atmosphere. Personally, I tend to steer clear of the discussions that are "my realm is better than your realm" because I know they eventually degenerate into pointless arguments.