Author Topic: Image BM community gives to players via forums, it is horrible...  (Read 24914 times)

Ender

• Noble Lord
  • Neill Family
    • View Profile
What Dytheur said.

In customer service they always drill into your head that the customer will remember the bad before the good, no matter how much good outweighs the bad. That applies to life in general too, I'd say. So, while the shouting angry majority is memorable and, yes, it creates a bad first impression for anyone who comes to the forum or IRC prior to the game, that doesnt mean there isnt any good under there.

A flat moderation policy would be nice, I think. Locking threads that get out of hand seems to be happening at least, though maybe it can be more universal depending on how much time the mod team has to devote to keeping track of active threads. Do we have anything in place to suspend people for poor conduct or ban repeat offenders?

Overall, my IRC experience, brief as it was, was pleasant enough. I just don't have the patience for idling IRC to jump in on conversations as they happen. My forum experience is also mostly pleasant, but since I read more than I post, I can choose to just stop reading a thread that looks to be derailing into a flamefest.