Author Topic: Image BM community gives to players via forums, it is horrible...  (Read 24908 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Not to potentially derail this, but as an addition:

To what extent is prejudice (racism, sexism, etc.) monitored and controlled for BM? Should such behavior be reported and modded (or whatever the punishment becomes), or is it the view that it's not our job to keep that in check? (I don't think it's wrong to leave it alone because it's unlikely you can have a positive effect on such a person through these simple measures and the mods/magistrates/titans are not babysitters.)

I know there was a topic about racism IG, but I don't know how that turned out other than those dirty elves deserve everything they get.

Overall, I have seen very, very little of this in the BM community, especially as compared to the simple personal animosity.

That said, I think that if it shows up, it should be treated basically the same as other toxic behaviour.

Note that truly in-character racism and sexism is fineā€”but it does need to really be in-character, not just a thinly-veiled jab at a real race or real women.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan