Author Topic: Player Harassment and Creation of a Toxic Atmosphere  (Read 40830 times)

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
I saw one of my character names and came to take a look, OCC wise that's exactly what I said yup, I believe also I asked if in anyway did that mean silver fire, ya know some words mean different things and truly it could, was curious.

Regarding harassment on my part, I was making a joke referring to the name one because of the butter rebellion and because Barad Falas history of having a white rabbit, but now having a Silver/White Owl (see banner). If I as a player can not make a joke then that is disturbingly wrong. In no way was this a assault on TH.

I don't believe you intended harassment or assault on me in any way. (Mainly due to other letters I had received from you around that time OOC through your other char) The reason for your inclusion on this list was because your letters while not intended to do such, helped create an environment where through OOC messages the realm of Silnaria was made to be turned into a "Joke."

I personally don't believe OOC chatter like this is healthy purposefully because it leads to later reactions and discussion as demonstrated elsewhere in the quoted letters. The Butter Rebellion was one in which essentially the entire continent quickly turned on and destroyed a realm. That is certainly not something that I want my realm associated with through OOC discussion for all to see, regardless of what first-hand knowledge their characters have.

In conclusion, the main reason for your letter's inclusion was for further evidence, but I do think such chatter needs to be cut down on. However, more than a warning for your one related message would be absurd. Also, an additional caveat is that this wouldn't have been an issue in private correspondence, as much as correspondence that is sent to a wide audience of players.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."