Author Topic: Player Harassment and Creation of a Toxic Atmosphere  (Read 41122 times)

Elegant

• Knight
    • View Profile
Dear Magistrates,

Sorry for being late as I was on holiday. I had informed people in game that my reply would come on Monday night. Now I want to post in the thread     BattleMaster Forum »BattleMaster »The Courthouse »Cases »Player Harassment and Creation of a Toxic Atmosphere.

Please give me a chance to explain myself before reaching the verdict. Please open the topic so that I can post it there:

1. I have been listed as the primary accused and others are listed as secondary and contributing. I have strong objection to this. I was autopaused at the time when the other people sent out those letters, so, how can they "support" me while I was not present at all? Secondly, after resuming the game, I was not a member of the league for sometime.

2. False accusation : "Jason Elegant's player in particular should receive a harsh punishment because he has already been warned by the Magistrates before for this same action. This is a repeated offense." I have to say that this is not a repeat offense. Please refer to the verdict of earlier case. It is written that:

"Where the character Jason had a good and valid justification for attacking the character Merlin, the Magistrates cannot accept that a few words written in anger on the forum should come to invalidate what was, up until that point, a normal (if intense) interaction between two characters, especially where other characters were also attacking Merlin using much the same tactics." ......."While we decline to rule fully in favor of the claimant, we would still like to recognize that what Elegant said on the forum went a little too far.

I was given warning due to my regrettable behavior on forums where I said some things which I still regret. I still feel bad for what I did, as a person, on forum. I will never ever repeat it. Therefore, there is no repeated offense.

3. Now lets see the two letters of Jason which are under question. Please imagine a situation where there are two enemies : a king Merlin and a knight Jason. Both of them are not friendly. Then knight Jason writes a story which is meant to remind others about what Merlin promised, but what he did. He also has to give a warning to king Merlin that his realm will be destroyed. knight Jason could do it in simple words like "you Merlin...did this and that and as a result, you will face this/that....". But, nobles have to be creative while spreading true/false propaganda. So, Jason wrote those two letters containing veiled warning.

4. If character Merlin thinks that it is a false propaganda spread by some knight Jason, then he could complain to the elders and get jason kicked. If the guild thinks that Jason is wrong, then they have the powers to punish him, on the recommendation of king Merlin. But, instead of doing this, the player of Merlin comes here and registers a complaint in forums to punish the player of Jason. How is this justified?

5. The character Merlin knows that he is opposed by many in the guild. If someone remains in a hostile guild, he will receive some unfriendly treatment. The best way should be either get the hostiles removed or leave that guild, instead of complaining on the forums that there are hostiles in the guild. Join some guild where you have friends. The magistrate system should not be misused to get acceptance inside a guild.