Author Topic: Player Harassment and Creation of a Toxic Atmosphere  (Read 40857 times)

Eirikr

You have missed it, not me.

Magistrates are for disputes. You did not tell me what was wrong in my message at that time, but, you were ready to open a magistrates case against me. If you had pointed out my mistake, I would have explained this and apologized. If I had resisted you in this matter, you could go to magistrates. But, what's the point of going to Magistrates when there was no dispute at all? We could have solved this issue that day itself without bothering Magistrates ! That's why I feel that you wanted to drag me unnecessarily in court.

I beg to differ; at least one OOC letter was sent about that, to which I do not recall you replying directly. In fact, the only follow-up (which was IC) took a rather unapologetic tone. Seeing as this was not the first time a similar situation had occurred (dubious message tone, not specifically the content), a Magistrates case seemed correct.

I can see your side, however. With all that was going on, I believe the OOC message was more generalized. You could have skipped over it or not realized it was directed at you. I, or someone else, should have been crystal clear and spoke to you directly. For that much, I apologize.

Either way, the point got across; the matter is settled as Geronus said.

I stand by my point, however, that rulings aren't for personal satisfaction, as you had implied. In vastly oversimplified terms, Magistrates aren't there to make people happy, they're there to determine, in a fair manner, whether or not we're all playing nice together, according to the rules.