Author Topic: unit designation mid travel  (Read 1555 times)

Jaden

• Noble Lord
  • Jameel, Jabari, Jadyn, Jerold
    • View Profile
unit designation mid travel
« Topic Start: July 11, 2013, 02:45:29 PM »
does changing your unit into vanguard mid travel shorten your travel time?
 like if I had 10 hours and it's a 11 hour journey to Kepler and I have already started my journey, would I make it if I change to vanguard, or would it still be an 11 hour journey?

Not counting shortcuts and scouts of course.
PM me for the Dota 2 guild.
"Darka would like to thank CE and co for their generous offerings, the Holy Volcano will be filled up for days with all these offerings!"-Jaret Jaron's last words

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: unit designation mid travel
« Reply #1: July 11, 2013, 02:57:09 PM »
It should do so, I believe.

This may not be properly recalculated until the turn, though. I would have to look through the code to see for sure.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Jaden

• Noble Lord
  • Jameel, Jabari, Jadyn, Jerold
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: July 11, 2013, 03:01:12 PM »
The recalculation doesn't happen immediately, i can confirm that... start travel: 12 hours, change into vanguard: 12 hours
PM me for the Dota 2 guild.
"Darka would like to thank CE and co for their generous offerings, the Holy Volcano will be filled up for days with all these offerings!"-Jaret Jaron's last words

egamma

« Reply #3: July 11, 2013, 05:16:19 PM »
What about in the middle of multi-turn travel, after the first day's movement?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: July 11, 2013, 05:17:08 PM »
What about in the middle of multi-turn travel, after the first day's movement?

Should act exactly the same.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan