Author Topic: Bowie  (Read 6495 times)

Gustav Kuriga

Bowie
« Topic Start: April 18, 2011, 09:52:22 PM »
I am currently doing a roleplay where my character intends to catch Bowie Ironsides in a trap. I will not give out details, as that would spoil the fun, but I want the people who play Garret and Bowie in on this as well. I'm hoping we can do it completely based on IC actions and information, so that it is fair and all. Feel free to send me an OOC message in-game if you want to join this, I am, as you can see by my forum tag, Gustav Kuriga on Dwilight.

Ironsides

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Bowie
« Reply #1: April 20, 2011, 07:57:07 AM »
If you are cooking something up I want it to be a surprise!  ;D

When I saw the rp about Gustav spying on Bowie I was like "awesome, something is in the works." I won't check this thread anymore either in case I see something I shouldn't.

I will return to the stage now. (message me in game if you need anything, though).
Ironsides Family, mainly East Continent and Dwilight. I dip my toe into Atamara here and there

Ironsides

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: April 20, 2011, 08:35:13 AM »
Ohhh, this is to be a roleplay trap? Sorry, I am used to people actually trying to kill or imprison Bowie  :P. (unless I am doubly wrong...hmm).

Well here is some information on the relationship between Bowie and Sallowtown you can use (if that is to be the spot you nab him). As it stands now the Sallowsian tribes do not like Bowie and would also be interested in capturing him. The reason for this is because after he claimed to be their saviour (as the incarnated Prince Sallow), launched a crusade to conquer the city and become its Duke, he impregnated one of their princesses, killed a lot of the opponents to the son's linkage to the tribal royalty, and then after he was deposed the princess tried to install their son as a leader. They exiled the son of Bowie (Winter Ironsides) to Atamara. This will be the second time he has visited the city since he lost his seat as Duke. The first time was when Winter was young and Bowie was escaping D'Hara after he was banned for conspiring to overthrow the King (which was a long time ago).

He was the first and last Duke of Sallowtown. As for the religious connection, his claim as the incarnated Prince comes from the religion Way of Arexi Dragons, a local off shoot of the Way of the Dragons, D'Hara's original indigenous faith. That religion no longer exists but Bowie still holds to parts of the beliefs. Not sure if you need to use any of that stuff, but its on the wiki if you want to include it.
Ironsides Family, mainly East Continent and Dwilight. I dip my toe into Atamara here and there

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #3: April 20, 2011, 11:28:05 PM »
Oh no, this is quite real, muahahaha!

Ahem. What I meant to say was that I have had Gustav contact Garret involving your movements. What he does will determine my next actions.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #4: April 21, 2011, 12:03:13 AM »
...Meh.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #5: April 21, 2011, 05:07:10 AM »
Or he could do nothing... -_-

Anyways ideas are always welcome, such as attempting to frame Bowie for treason or marching an Astrumese army (with Allison at the head, of course) through Caerwyn in order to catch that "wascally wabbit". I want to do something with my character other than the same old "loyal soldier" routine.

I will only do things that fall in line with Gustav's thinking, of course. So joining Caerwyn in order to get to Bowie isn't going to happen.

Ironsides

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: April 21, 2011, 07:54:21 AM »
Maybe it is because Gustav is a "loyal" soldier that you find him so routine. Perhaps you should be thinking about befriending Bowie instead of opposing him? Gustav could experience a whole slew of new things down that road... 8)

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #7: April 21, 2011, 01:03:52 PM »
Not possible, Allison hates him. Therefore, Gustav must hate him as well.

Ironsides

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: April 22, 2011, 08:41:06 AM »
Ohhh, well then really its Allison who should be looking to do something outside of the routine otherwise Gustav can't have any fun  ::).

Update on Bowie's position: he is nine hours away from Sallowwild.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #9: April 25, 2011, 04:57:10 PM »
Who knows. I still have no idea what exactly Garret has to do with any of this.

egamma

« Reply #10: July 08, 2011, 06:32:53 PM »
Who knows. I still have no idea what exactly Garret has to do with any of this.

Well, I think he wants the Zuma to catch him, or something.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #11: July 10, 2011, 07:18:31 AM »
I kinda gave up on it when I started working this construction job, leaves me less time to RP.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #12: July 27, 2011, 10:27:15 PM »
Come to think of it, Bowie's been pretty quiet lately too. I remember how he used to be the only one posting in Dwilight University with a new article about a region, or battle, or whatever, every few days. Now, I have heard absolutely nothing about him since...June?

Ironsides

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: July 28, 2011, 01:57:16 AM »
.... Now, I have heard absolutely nothing about him since...June?

Interesting to notice and you are right. I have been distant from the game for a while now. Both because I've been busy this summer in real life and because I got bored (Tom forgive me). I've been logging in once a week, at odd times, and even paused two of my b-list characters. I don't know why, there's just nothing much attaching me to the game right now. I think, though, that I will attempt to reconcile my relationship with Battlemaster before the summer is finished and by September I could be back in full swing. I still have projects in cold storage I can bring out like much of the historical work I was doing for Dwilight, and a project or two for Morek. Who knows though, maybe I'll revive something old, maybe I'll create something new. Let's see what happens, eh?

I sincerely apologize to all of you I have let down in my absence and I hope this marks my return :)

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: July 28, 2011, 02:44:00 AM »
Join the Dwilight Anthropology Project when you get back ;)
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).