Author Topic: Assigning militia  (Read 3085 times)

Zakilevo

Assigning militia
« Topic Start: April 20, 2011, 07:04:47 AM »
So I am trying to reassign militia units but I cannot assign them to anyone. The units were assigned to the region 2 weeks ago so shouldn't I be able to reassign them to a TL?

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
Re: Assigning militia
« Reply #1: April 20, 2011, 07:08:21 AM »
Reassigning militia is one of those very, very random things that you sometimes just cannot do.  I forget what some of the conditions are, but it's not intended to be reliable...And it's really, really not.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Zakilevo

« Reply #2: April 20, 2011, 10:06:01 AM »
So it is just better to consider that militia units are completely immobile?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: April 20, 2011, 02:27:03 PM »
That's pretty much the defining factor that makes them militia: They're immobile.

There are various conditions that affect whether or not you can assign militia. It includes battles in the region, the dropping or assigning of other militia units, and probably a few other factors as well. If you really want to assign a unit, then make sure there are no battles in that region, and no other militia-related activities, including reinforcing a unit or dropping a unit, for two weeks. This is the thumbrule I've heard from various generals in the past. I've been assigned a unit once, but never had the desire or opportunity to assign one myself.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

MaleMaldives

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: August 12, 2011, 11:24:34 AM »
When assigning a unit, does the General need to pay anything? If so is it for a full week or just how long since the last taxes?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: August 12, 2011, 04:51:35 PM »
The general needs to pay an activation cost. Offhand, I don't know how it is calculated.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #6: July 20, 2017, 10:36:52 PM »
Has anyone actually done this yet? I've never seen it happen and am curious if all the various criteria were ever met.
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

MTYL

• Noble Lord
  • No personal text here, sorry.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: July 21, 2017, 01:03:10 AM »
I've done it on occasion, I can't tell what are the requirements really, besides the obvious ones. Best to try it in regions where  you have a lot of small units of militia.
_____
New family - Arnickles Renodin: Maura(OS), Myr(LN)
Old family - The (dead) Bennets: Max(SF), Joran(VT), Jarra(OS)

feyeleanor

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: July 21, 2017, 01:36:52 AM »
I used it extensively when the first Minas Thalion was in exile and a few times during Fontan's dying years. The two week rule of thumb is a good one though I have known the option to present more frequently than that. I also recall recruiting militia preventing that unit from being assigned but not others in the same region. Activation cost I think is the same as disband cost but I could be wrong on that.

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #9: July 21, 2017, 10:21:25 PM »
Thank you for your insight, folks. i appreciate it
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"